Durham Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
At Riddle & Brantley, our North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyers have been serving the Durham area for decades. If you’re looking for a Durham motorcycle accident lawyer, we encourage you to consider the injury attorneys at Riddle & Brantley.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer serving Durham and the greater Triangle, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and easy form below.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let an experienced motorcycle accident attorney handling cases in Durham review your claim. We will advise you on your legal options and if you decide to hire us, we will fight tirelessly on your behalf for the justice you deserve.
Remember, the longer you wait to contact a motorcycle accident lawyer with experience in Durham, the harder it may be to win your case and recover the compensation you deserve.
“Riddle & Brantley got me all the available money from the insurance companies.”
–David Howard, Riddle & Brantley client
Increased Risk for Motorcycle Riders
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) There are more than 8 million registered motorcycles on roads throughout the country. Although this only represents three percent of all vehicles sharing the road, the fatality rate for motorcyclists is 27 times that of other motorists. One important reason is that motorcycles do not provide as much physical protection as cars and trucks in a collision.
Some motorcycle accidents are caused by driver error, but in many cases the motorcyclist is not the one at fault. Common factors in motorcycle accidents include:
- Lack of Visibility — Motorcycles are difficult to see on the road compared to larger vehicles. If drivers don’t pay close attention to their surroundings, they may not see a motorcycle sharing the road with them. This could lead to danger while changing lanes, or accidents caused by running motorcycles off the road or rear-ending a motorcyclist.
- Alcohol and Drugs — Drunk drivers, or those under the influence of drugs, can be dangerous to anyone driving on the road. Motorcycles are no different. An impaired or distracted driver may not be focused on the road well enough to see motorcycles. This can be a deadly mistake for one or all involved.
- Traffic Law Violations — All drivers must follow traffic laws, including driving at the correct speed, lane changing procedures, yield rules, and much more. Violating these rules may cause crashes into motorcycles.
- Aggressive Driving and Road Rage — Aggressive driving and road rage are also dangerous when it comes to motorcycles. A driver may become frustrated with traffic and take it out on other vehicles. This could mean a serious crash for a person operating a motorcycle.
- Mechanical Trouble — Some motorcycle accidents are not the fault of the driver or the driver of another vehicle. It could be a malfunctioned part of the motorcycle that causes the accident. If the motorcycle has a defective part, it can put the driver at risk of the bike crashing.
- Road Hazards — Road hazards are also particularly hazardous to motorcycles. It is much harder to navigate potholes, large cracks, uneven pavement, and larger vehicles. A motorcycle hitting a sudden hazard can prove very dangerous for the driver.
Riddle & Brantley has handled cases involving all of these factors and more. Let our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers serving Durham help you determine which parties you can hold responsible for your motorcycle accident and injuries, and how to proceed with a claim or lawsuit.
Call our motorcycle accident lawyers with experience in Durham NC at 1-800-525-7111 or fill out the short form below for a FREE, no-obligation consultation.
We understand what you’re going through and we are here to help.
No win, no fee. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you won’t pay any attorney fees.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer serving Durham today.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle crashes may cause serious injuries to the driver or passenger. People driving or riding on motorcycles generally have very little protection if they are in any type of accident or crash. Even when wearing a helmet, people on motorcycles can be severely hurt.
Common injuries resulting from motorcycle accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head injuries
- Skull fractures
- Broken bones
- Amputations (loss of limbs)
- Serious cuts, scrapes and abrasions
- Eye injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Internal bleeding
- And more
These injuries may require emergency medical attention. Some people may need immediate surgery and long periods of hospitalization. Other medical treatments may include physical and rehabilitative therapy, medication, home health assistance, and medical equipment.
After a motorcycle accident, victims may incur significant medical bills and lose out on income from missing work while they are recovering from injuries. These are all financial losses that can be devastating and put stress on the victim and their loved ones. It is important to know your rights as an accident victim.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyer serving Durham, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There are no upfront costs and absolutely no attorney fees unless we win your case and recover compensation for you.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s talk.
In addition to serving clients in Durham, we also handle motorcycle accident claims throughout the Triangle and greater North Carolina, including:
- Jacksonville, and
to name just a few.
Why Riddle & Brantley for Your Durham Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Our motorcycle injury attorneys serving Durham have more than 225 years of collective legal experience. Fighting for justice for North Carolinians is all we do. We have been fighting for injured victims in North Carolina and the Durham area since 1985.
Injury cases are complex, and every case is different. The insurance companies have lawyers fighting on their side and we are ready to fight for your rights. North Carolina has laws specific to our state, such as time periods for filing a claim (Statute of Limitations) and contributory negligence which can be a total bar to recovery.
The experienced motorcycle accident injury lawyers at Riddle & Brantley have been serving the Durham area for more than three decades. We know the law in North Carolina and, if you decide to hire us, will work to get you the compensation you deserve.
Some of our recent results include:
- $1,000,000 | Motorcycle Accident and Traumatic Brain Injury — Our client was a passenger on a motorcycle when she was thrown from the bike while taking a sharp turn. She suffered traumatic brain injury and memory loss, among other injuries. The driver was held liable and we were able to negotiate a $1 million settlement with the insurance company, representing the limits of the policy in question.
- $1,000,000 | Motorcycle Accident — Our client was thrown 15 feet from his motorcycle when another vehicle pulled out in front of him. The driver of the other vehicle was charged in the accident and we represented our client in civil proceedings, ultimately securing a settlement of $1,000,000 from the insurance company.
- $300,000 | Motorcycle Accident — Our client was seriously injured when his motorcycle was T-boned by another vehicle. We proved liability in the case and were able to negotiate a settlement for $300,000 in total compensation for our deserving client.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
Please call us at 1-800-525-7111 or fill out the short form below for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a motorcycle accident attorney serving Durham.
There is never an obligation, and there are no upfront fees or attorney costs unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation in your Durham motorcycle accident injury claim.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your injury claim.
Justice Counts for you and your loved ones, and we would love to help however we can.