“What Should I Do After a Truck Accident in North Carolina?”
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident in North Carolina, there are some things you should do immediately after the accident in order to stay safe and protect your legal rights in the event you decide to file an injury claim or lawsuit. You may be wondering, “What should I do after a truck accident in North Carolina?”
In this article, we’ll share what you should do after a truck accident in North Carolina, and what you should consider if you’re thinking of filing an injury claim.
IMPORTANT: If you’ve been injured in a truck accident in North Carolina, call our firm for a FREE consultation with an experienced truck accident injury lawyer. Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case and help determine your best legal options for pursuing compensation.
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a truck accident in North Carolina, follow these steps to keep yourself safe and protect your rights in a potential injury claim or lawsuit:
- Seek Medical Attention — If you’ve been injured, the most important thing to do is to seek medical attention. Follow the recommendations of the first responders and go to the hospital if necessary. Keep in mind that sometimes you may be injured and not even know it. In addition to protecting your health and safety, visiting a doctor will be important in documenting your injuries and expenses for a potential personal injury claim.
- Talk with Law Enforcement — Talk honestly and openly with the police officer responding to the truck accident, keeping in mind that anything you say can and will be used against you. Remember, the official accident report will play a key role in determining the outcome of your potential truck accident injury claim.
- Get Contact Information from Witnesses — Get the contact information of potential witnesses so you can follow up with them later. Their testimony may prove invaluable in proving liability in a personal injury claim.
- Document Your Injuries and Accident Evidence — Take photos of the crash scene, including damage to any vehicles or other property, skid marks, debris, or other wreckage. You should also take photos of any injuries suffered in the truck accident.
- Do NOT Give a Recorded Statement to the Insurance Company — In the aftermath of an accident, the insurance adjuster will try to get a recorded statement. They make attempt to “trick” you into admitting fault in order to avoid paying a claim, so do not talk with the insurance company before first speaking with an experienced North Carolina truck accident lawyer.
- Contact a Truck Accident Attorney — Once you’ve attended to any injuries, contact an experienced North Carolina truck accident lawyer. Your attorney can advise you on your case and help determine the next best steps for seeking compensation for your injuries.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced truck accident lawyer handling claims in North Carolina, please call 1-800-525-7111 today.
There is never any obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover financial compensation for you.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s review your claim.
“Riddle & Brantley found me all the available money from the insurance companies.”
–David Howard, Riddle & Brantley client
Truck Accident Investigations
Truck accident injury cases can be extremely complex, due to common injuries suffered in a truck accident and the large amount of evidence.
After a truck accident in North Carolina, talk with an experienced injury lawyer immediately so that a comprehensive investigation can be started right away. At Riddle & Brantley, we have a team of experienced accident investigators on staff to assist with identifying witnesses, preserving evidence, and proving liability in your case.
We also frequently bring in outside experts, such as accident reconstructionists and trucking safety experts, to help prove liability in truck accident cases.
Injured in a North Carolina Truck Accident?
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today for a FREE consultation with an experienced truck accident lawyer serving clients across North Carolina.
Justice Counts for victims of truck accidents caused by others’ negligence and we would love to help you if we can.
Since 1985, we’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for victims of truck accidents in North Carolina, including a recent settlement of $9.45 million in a truck accident and wrongful death case, and a $1.8 million settlement in another truck accident and workers’ compensation case (see disclaimer below).
Remember, if you’re wondering, “What should I do after a truck accident in North Carolina?”, follow the steps above and contact an injury lawyer right away. The longer you wait, the harder it may be to win your case and recover compensation for you.
“This settlement changed me and my family’s lives.”
–Linda B., Riddle & Brantley client
Call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and easy form below for a FREE, no-obligation consultation. We don’t get paid unless you do.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.