Kinston Personal Injury Lawyers
Experienced and Trusted Kinston Personal Injury Lawyers
Riddle & Brantley
Hours of Operation
Monday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Tuesday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Wednesday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Thursday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Friday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Saturday – 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Sunday – 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Kinston Injury Lawyers Fighting for You
The Kinston personal injury attorneys at Riddle & Brantley have years of experience fighting for justice for victims of accidents that were not their fault. We have been able to recover millions of dollars for our clients so that they have the means to fully move on from the incidents including compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and even pain and emotional suffering.
The attorneys at our Kinston office handle a wide range of personal injury lawsuits and have the resources needed to take cases to trial to ensure our clients receive the compensation they truly deserve.
If you or a loved one have sustained an injury due to the negligence of another, contact our Kinston personal injury lawyers for a free case evaluation. Our legal team even responds to calls and emails after hours and on weekends, and we’re ready to serve you. It’s important to act quickly for North Carolina has a Statute of Limitations requiring lawsuits to be filed in a limited timeframe. In personal injury cases, this time period is usually three years from the date of the accident unless the victim is a minor or under a disability. In cases involving death, the time period is usually two years from the date of death.
There are exceptions to these general rules so contact our attorneys as soon as possible so all deadlines can be met.
Do I Have a Case?
When our firm takes your case, not only are we showing that you have been injured but our attorneys must also establish, through credible and relevant evidence, that the other party is responsible or legally liable for your injuries. As a result, we put a lot of work into investigating the circumstances of your injury.
Most personal injury cases are filed under the theory of negligence, meaning that there was a failure to exercise reasonable care to protect another from harm. In order to recover proper compensation, your attorney must provide a clear picture of failure on someone else’s part to act reasonably when it comes to being careful and cautious.
For example, did a tire manufacturer act with the amount of care needed when producing a tire for an automobile? If they were negligent in any phase of the product’s development, and the driver of a car suffered an injury after a blowout, an attorney could prove that the driver was owed damages for their losses in a product liability suit. If someone crossing the street is hit by a vehicle and injured, your attorney would work to prove that the driver of the vehicle was negligent while driving.
When you need an attorney, you want to be completely confident in whom you choose, as it can make a difference in how your case unfolds. Those of us who work in the legal field are well aware of the importance of having the right lawyer represent you. We are driven to succeed for our clients and work long hours in our efforts to get justice for those we serve. Call now or contact us through our online free case evaluation form. Our Kinston personal injury lawyers are ready to get to work and help you get justice.
Our Kinston Practice Areas
Our legal team is committed to providing legal services to the injured in the Kinston area. We invite you to find out more about how we can help you with any of the following types of cases:
- Personal Injury – There are many cases that truly require legal representation, particularly those involving serious or catastrophic injuries. At our firm, we are committed to helping the injured and their families to get justice, whether in pursuing an insurance settlement or by taking the case to court for a verdict. We are litigators and trial lawyers, and every case is carefully crafted and presented. The results in your settlement or verdict will in large part, be based upon the skills with which it is handled. Call us.
- Car Accidents – A car accident can leave an innocent person seriously injured, disabled, or in the most tragic cases, the injuries prove to be fatal. Our firm takes on cases involving car accidents and other vehicle accidents, and our goal is to help our clients recover the maximum possible in compensation. We are ready to speak with you immediately – call us.
- Workers’ Compensation Cases – Injured workers can face an uphill battle with workers’ compensation benefits. A work-related injury could be contested by the employer, or you may be asked to return to work before you are truly healed. Serious injuries that are work-related may make it impossible to practice your profession. No matter what your case involves, you need an advocate you can trust to help you fight for justice. Call now.
- Social Security Disability (SSD) – Permanently disabled people who meet the strict eligibility requirements of the Social Security Disability rules and who have paid into the system should receive benefits. Unfortunately, a large percentage of initial filings are denied. Get help from a law firm that knows the system and how to either file an application that leads to winning benefits or file a successful appeal of an unfairly denied case. We fight to get you the benefits you deserve under the system. Call us now.
Other practice areas served by our Kinston injury lawyers include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Tractor-trailer accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Scooter accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sexual assault
- Product liability cases
- Dangerous drug cases
- Defective medical device claims
- Mesothelioma and asbestos exposure claims
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- VA disability claims and appeals
- Workplace accidents (workers’ compensation)
- Social Security disability
- Wrongful death
Our Involvement with the Kinston Community
Kinston Legal Information
Personal injury claims are filed and then litigated in District Court or Superior Court of North Carolina’s court system, and the court of jurisdiction will be determined by the type of case, the value of the claim and other factors. The courthouse for Lenoir County is located at 130 S Queen St., Kinston, NC 28501.
Workers’ Compensation Claim Information
Injured workers are due benefits through workers’ compensation for job-related injuries, illnesses, conditions, or loss of life. These cases often involve a Deputy Commissioner Hearing, which will take place in various locations around the state, based upon where you worked. The hearing may take place in Raleigh, Greenville, Williamston, Elizabeth City, Tarboro, Wilson, Benson, New Bern, Fayetteville, Burgaw, Bolivia, or elsewhere. The North Carolina Industrial Commission holds hearings in Raleigh at its offices at 430 N. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27603.
Social Security Disability Applications and Appeals
If you or a loved one is struggling to receive Social Security Disability benefits, our attorneys can help you exercise your rights and explore your legal options. The local Social Security Office in Kinston, NC is at the following address: 2559 North Queen Street, Kinston, NC 28501
Our Legal Team
Our legal team has over 225 years of shared experience and we have successfully represented thousands of injured parties. Talk to us today by calling 1-800-525-7111. Let us help you with your legal situation from our offices in Kinston.
Lawyer Gene A. Riddle, founder of Riddle & Brantley, is known as an aggressive advocate for clients in cases involving auto accidents, personal injury, workers’ compensation, or wrongful death. His track record of successful results for clients has earned Riddle and Brantley membership into the 2014 Litigator’s Award. Mr. Riddle also earned membership into the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. These groups are open to personal injury lawyers who have achieved multiple settlements and verdicts valued at $1 million or more. He also has the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent.
Lawyer J. Christopher Brantley, is a North Carolina State Board-Certified specialist in workers’ compensation and also handles personal injury claims. He has represented thousands of injured workers throughout North Carolina and in the Kinston area. He is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®.
Associate Attorney Molly M. Schertzinger is a valued member of the legal team serving at our Kinston office and focuses on auto accidents and premises liability matters, including dog bites and slip and fall accidents. Born in Kinston, North Carolina, Molly was raised on her parents’ horse farm. She developed a love for animals as well as a desire to help people while growing up. After she graduated from North Lenoir High School, she went on to receive her Bachelor of the Arts from Queens University in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Speak with a Kinston Personal Injury Attorney for Free
When you’re injured due to the negligence of another, whether in a motor-vehicle accident, while on the job, or by a defective product, you deserve fair compensation. You don’t have to do this alone. We are available to provide a free, no-obligation consultation where we’ll advise you on your legal options for seeking compensation for your injuries. Our experienced legal team at Riddle & Brantley often answers questions after hours and on weekends. Free consultations are available by calling 1-866-328-5811 and can be arranged by phone, email, text and even video conference. There is no in-person meeting required, but we can also come directly to you if it’s more convenient.
Contact our Kinston personal injury lawyers at 1-800-525-7111 today for a free case review.
In-person meetings are available by appointment only in our Kinston office.
There are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Justice Counts for those injured due to others’ negligence and we are ready to help however we can.