Rocky Mount Work Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured on the job in Rocky Mount or the surrounding North Carolina areas, you may be looking for a Rocky Mount work injury lawyer. Riddle & Brantley’s workers’ compensation attorneys may be able to help.
For more than 30 years we have been helping injured workers get the justice and compensation they deserve. Our work injury lawyers handle cases throughout the state, and we have helped many in the Rocky Mount area. The consultation is free, and there is no upfront cost and no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
For a FREE consultation regarding your workers’ compensation claim, please call our injury attorneys at 800-525-7111 or fill out the short form below to speak to someone from our legal team.
North Carolina law requires most employers to purchase workers’ compensation insurance. If you work for an employer with more than two full time employees, then the law requires your employer to provide workers’ compensation coverage.
Workers’ comp insurance provides benefits to workers who suffer work-related injuries or illnesses.
Benefits include payment of medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for disabling permanent injuries. An injury or illness is covered under workers’ compensation insurance if it took place in the “course and scope” of your employment.
Though harder to define, you may also be covered for an injury that occurs while you are on break or even just on your employer’s premises. For example, if you fall in the elevator of your building your injuries are most likely covered under workers compensation.
To learn more about whether you may have a work injury claim, please call us at 1-800-525-7111. Our workers’ comp attorneys have experience in the Rocky Mount area, and we would love to help you seek justice if we can.
It doesn’t matter what occupation or industry you work in, if you’ve been injured while at work, you may have a claim for compensation.
Riddle & Brantley workers’ compensation lawyers will assist you in all kinds of claims, including:
- Back injuries
- Hand injuries
- Neck injuries
- Head injuries
- Severe brain injuries (traumatic brain injuries)
- Amputation (loss of limbs)
- Crush injuries
- Repetitive motion injuries (such as carpel tunnel syndrome)
- Vision loss
- Hearing loss or tinnitus
- Breathing problems
- Disease due to chemical or substance exposure
- Mesothelioma from asbestos exposure
- Wrongful death
- Plus, many more…
Whether you have been injured in a work-related accident in Rocky Mount or elsewhere in North Carolina, a Riddle & Brantley attorney will manage your case from start to finish. We want to make the process as seamless and carefree for our clients as possible so you can get back to the life you are accustomed to.
Justice for Rocky Mount and All North Carolina
Rocky Mount is a city in Edgecombe and Nash counties in the Atlantic coastal plain region of North Carolina. The name Rocky Mount is a derivation of the nickname, Rocky Mound, derived from the Rocky Mound at the falls of the Tar River. Rocky Mount is just off I-95 and is home to approximately 54,000 people according to the most recent US census.
With a growing population, booming construction and busy highways, workplace injuries in Rocky Mount are unfortunately common.
If you’ve been injured in a work accident, you don’t have to go through this alone. You may have a workers’ compensation claim and be entitled to significant financial compensation.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE case review. We will listen to you, help determine whether you have a work injury claim and advise you on your legal options.
The consultation is free and as always, there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and recover compensation for you.
What a Work Injury Lawyer with Experience in Rocky Mount Can Do for You
A work injury attorney at Riddle & Brantley can help you with all aspects of your injury claim or lawsuit, making sure nothing is overlooked. This may include making sure that:
- You don’t waive your legal rights or accept an unfair settlement with the insurance company
- Your employer and insurance carrier receive formal notice of your injury
- The North Carolina Industrial commission (NCIC) receives Form 18 (notice of your workplace injury)
- Your injury report covers all of injuries
- Your insurance company acknowledges your claim filed with the NCIC
- You don’t miss out on justice due to the Statute of limitations or other critical deadlines
- Your case manager or insurance adjuster do not communicate inappropriately with doctors and medical staff
- You receive your disability wage loss payments on time
- Your compensation is calculated correctly
- Diagnostic testing and any medications prescribed by your doctor are approved by the insurance company in a timely manner
- An unbiased doctor provides a credible second opinion
- You are not forced to accept a position created by your employer solely to avoid paying disability benefits
- And much more…
As advocates for injured workers, the attorneys at Riddle & Brantley know the workers’ compensation system well. We’ve been representing injury victims in North Carolina since 1985, including many clients in the Rocky Mount area.
“We are committed to seeking justice for workers in Rocky Mount and across North Carolina.” -Gene Riddle
Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation
Attorneys Chris Brantley and Adam Smith have had significant experience in handling workers’ comp appeals. They have achieved distinction by meeting their educational requirements and passing a challenging exam to become Specialists in Workers’ Compensation law. Attorneys Gene Riddle and Jonathan Smith have handled cases before the North Carolina Court of Appeals.
At Riddle & Brantley you can trust that your workers’ compensation case will be in the hands of legal professionals who are specifically trained and knowledgeable in this field. We are proud of the results we have obtained for injured workers in the Rocky Mount area and across North Carolina. These results include:
- Settlement – $2,475,000 | Workers’ Compensation — Attorneys Gene Riddle, Christopher Brantley and Jonathan Smith represented an injured welder who suffered disabling injury after falling from a platform while on the job. Following extensive mediation negotiations, we were able to settle the claim for total compensation of $2,475,000. We also assisted in establishing two trusts for long-term care for the victim.
- Settlement – $829,000 | Workers’ Compensation — Attorney Christopher Brantley represented a 50- year-old employee of a cellular tower company who was struck by a falling tree while in the woods looking for locations for cell towers. He suffered severe head injuries which left him with cognitive deficits, semi paralysis on his left side as well as fractures to his left leg. An extensive life care plan was put into place and future costs were analyzed. The client was awarded a total payout of 1.7 million.
- Settlement – $750,000 | Workers’ Compensation — Attorneys Gene Riddle and Adam Smith represented a man who suffered serious injuries to both legs requiring surgery when he was involved in a motor vehicle collision. The at-fault driver’s company’s insurance carrier did not want to settle, claiming that the driver of the vehicle was not authorized to operate the vehicle. After getting depositions from witnesses and medical providers and negotiating through mediation we were able to settle the claim for $750,000.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
Please give us a call at 1-800-525-7111 or fill out the online form for a FREE consultation. We have a no-obligation policy and talking to an attorney is free.
We will be glad to speak with you and determine if you have a case.
Looking for a work injury lawyer with experience in Rocky Mount?
The workers’ compensation attorneys at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
With more than 200 years of collective legal experience, we know the law in North Carolina and are ready to fight for workers’ rights.
For a FREE case review and consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is never any obligation, and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.