Stryker Hip Lawsuits
Stryker Hip Lawyers
In July 2012, Stryker Orthopaedics voluntarily recalled two metal hip replacement components as a result of the devices were causing pain, swelling, and damage to the surrounding tissues. At Riddle & Brantley, our lawyers are currently reviewing cases of patients with such hip replacements. Our hip replacement lawyers believe that this hip recall has added to the piling evidence that metal on metal hip implants are defective, and encourage any patient that suspects that they may have been implanted with a recalled hip to contact us today.
If you or a loved one is suffering from losses and damages relating to a recalled Stryker hip replacement, the victim may be entitled to financial compensation for their losses and damages.
Our dangerous medical device attorneys have a tremendous amount of sympathy for all injured victims.
For more information, we welcome you to complete the form below or call us at 1-800-525-7111 today.
There is no obligation and there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s talk.
Stryker Hip Replacement Allegations
Patients that have been implanted with the Stryker Rejuvenate or Stryker ABG II may be eligible to seek compensation for their losses and damages relating to the hip replacement. These metal-on-metal hip replacements in particular have been linked to several adverse side effects, some of which include further injury, and surgery. The following include a number of allegations against Stryker Orthopaedics:
- Metals may be released into the body which may cause severe and permanent destruction to muscles, bones, and other tissues.
- Stryker failed to properly test the hip replacement devices.
- Stryker failed to warn patients and doctors regarding all the dangers of the device.
- Stryker marketed the devices as a “perfect fit” for young patients, leading patients and surgeons to believe the product was better than other hip replacements on the market.
- Stryker was aware, or should have known, the device was more dangerous than similar devices, and risked a premature failure, and increased need for further surgeries.
- The hip replacement has both manufacturing and design defects which may cause serious and permanent injuries to the recipient.
- The metal-on-metal hip replacement may deteriorate and corrode causing metal toxins to be released in the body.
- The product was aggressively marketed without informing consumers about the risks, when safe alternatives were available.
Metal Poisoning Caused By Stryker Hip Replacements
One of the major problems that has been linked to Stryker hip replacements includes metallosis. This is caused when the metal-on-metal components rub against one another, and over time release high levels of metal ions into the body. Some common problems associated with metallosis include:
- Hearing impairments
- Impaired kidney functions
- Migraine headaches
- Optic Nerve Damage
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Skin rashes
Contact Our Stryker Hip Recall Lawyers Today
While the U.S. Food and Drug Administration requires extensive testing of new medical devices prior to their release, occasionally devices such as these pass unnoticed. As a result, dozens of people may be at risk for serious and sometimes permanent side-effects.
The attorneys at Riddle & Brantley are prepared to defend all innocent victims and stand up to these large corporations to seek the justice you deserve.
For years we have provided victims of dangerous medical devices with comprehensive legal counsel and have helped guide them through the entire litigation process. Our knowledgeable team of attorneys will work with you to build a strong case to ensure that you receive the compensation you are eligible to receive.
To learn more on how we can help you with your injury claim, contact us today at (800) 525-7111. Our intake staff members are on-hand to take your call and connect you with one of our lawyers best suited in handling your claim after a few preliminary questions.