Greenville Personal Injury Lawyers
Experienced and Trusted Greenville Personal Injury Lawyers
Injured in Greenville, NC? A personal injury attorney at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help. Backed by an entire team of investigators, case managers, and paralegals, our accident lawyers have more than 220+ years of combined legal experience and have secured more than $700 million in total compensation for our valued clients (see disclaimer below). We’re proud to provide excellent client service, and we’re humbled by the words our clients use to describe their experience working with us.
Riddle & Brantley Greenville
509 Evans St.
Greenville, NC 27858
Phone: (252) 397-8620
By Appointment Only.
Hours of Operation*
Monday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Tuesday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Wednesday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Thursday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Friday – 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Saturday – 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
Sunday – 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
*NOTE: Our intake staff is available to answer phone calls and emails during these times, but please note that in-person meetings are only available at our Greenville office by appointment.
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.”
–R. Colley, Riddle & Brantley client
We handle all types of personal injury cases in Greenville and eastern North Carolina (see list below). Our attorneys are relentless in their pursuit of justice for our clients, and we don’t hesitate to take cases to trial if the insurance company doesn’t make a fair offer. We know the law in North Carolina. If you’ve been injured in an accident, call (252) 397-8620 for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced injury lawyer at Riddle & Brantley.
In-person consultations are available by appointment only at our convenient Greenville office location, and free consultations are always available from anywhere by phone, email, text, or video conference. There are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation. It’s as simple as that.
Please call (252) 397-8620 today for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer.
Greenville Injury Lawyers Ready to Fight for You
Since 1985, Riddle & Brantley’s attorneys have been serving victims of negligence in Greenville and throughout North Carolina. We know the applicable state and federal laws and will work endlessly and tirelessly to get you the compensation you need and deserve. When you’ve been injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, Justice Counts. If another person or company is responsible for your injury, you may be entitled to compensation, and a lawyer at Riddle & Brantley would love to review your case in a free consultation.
Types of Injury Cases We Handle
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Tractor-trailer accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sexual assault
- Product liability cases
- Dangerous drug cases
- Defective medical device claims
- Mesothelioma and asbestos exposure claims
- Nursing home neglect and abuse
- VA disability claims and appeals
- Workplace accidents (workers’ compensation)
- Social Security disability
- Wrongful death
With more than 220+ years of combined legal experience, our attorneys believe Justice Counts for ALL North Carolinians and we are ready to help however we can.
How Can an Injury Lawyer Help?
Personal injury cases can be complicated, time-consuming, and stressful. Whether you’re filing an insurance or workers compensation claim, or filing a lawsuit, having someone on your side who knows the ins and outs of the legal system can make a big difference. A recent study showed that those who hire an attorney recover over 3 times more compensation on average than those who represent themselves.
Whether it’s organizing accident investigations or handling court filings, helping arrange medical care, or negotiating with the insurance company, an attorney at Riddle & Brantley can handle all aspects of your case.
Every case is different, but one thing is true of every accident:
There is a lot to be done if you’re planning to file a claim or lawsuit seeking compensation for your injuries… and even more to be done if you want to win your case.
A Riddle & Brantley attorney can handle all aspects of your case, including:
- Investigating the accident site
- Obtaining the official accident report
- Securing surveillance and/or dash cam footage
- Hiring expert witnesses including accident reconstructionists
- Referring you to appropriate medical care
- Finding and interviewing witnesses
- Tracking down the at-fault party in hit and run cases
- Making a statement to the insurance company
- Helping you manage expensive medical bills
- Communicating with law enforcement
- Calculating long-term financial damages
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Negotiating with defense counsel
- Representing you in mediation or arbitration proceedings
- Handling litigation, including court filings, hearings, and trial
- Setting up trusts and/or guardianships to ensure long-term care
- and more…
Filing a claim or personal injury lawsuit can be overwhelming. An attorney can handle all of these tasks and help you navigate the process with minimal stress.
“How Long Do I Have to File an Injury Claim or Lawsuit?”
Personal injury claims in North Carolina are governed by the state’s Statute of Limitations, which is essentially the deadline by which an injury claim or lawsuit must be filed. There are some exceptions, but in general, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in North Carolina is:
- 3 years from the date of injury in personal injury claims
- 2 years from the date of death in wrongful death claims
If you’ve been injured in Greenville, don’t lose your right to justice and compensation by missing an important deadline. Our attorneys can help you manage every aspect of your case and make sure your claim is filed within the statute of limitations. In work injury cases, we can also ensure that the proper forms are filed with the NC Industrial Commission. In disability cases, we can make sure that you meet filing deadlines ordered by the Social Security Administration. Don’t stress about deadlines in your personal injury claim — call (252) 397-8620 for a free consultation with a Greenville NC accident lawyer and let’s see how we can help.
“How Much Will a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?”
Hiring an attorney doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, many injury lawyers — including Riddle & Brantley — work on a contingency basis. That means there is no upfront cost, and there are no attorney fees unless you win financial compensation. This is true regardless what type of accident or injury case we help with — car accidents, truck accident, workplace injuries, wrongful death cases, etc.
For a FREE consultation, please call our lawyers at (252) 397-8620, or complete the convenient form below. There is no obligation, and there are never any attorney fees unless we win your case and get you financial compensation.
Settlements and Judgments
In more than 35 years of service to injured North Carolinians, our experienced attorneys have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our valued clients (see disclaimer below). Recent wins include:
- $9,450,000 | Truck Accident & Wrongful Death — Our attorneys fought for justice in a heartbreaking case where a family of four was killed in a terrible tractor-trailer accident. We investigated the crash, proving liability with accident reconstruction and even the subpoena of Google Maps traffic data. We filed multiple lawsuits against the at-fault driver and a pavement marking company we determined to be liable, as well, ultimately securing $9.45 million in total compensation in separate settlements.
- $2,750,000 | Car Accident — Riddle & Brantley represented the victim in a terrible head-on car accident that resulted in serious injuries. We recovered $2.75 million in arbitration, which was immediately followed by a separate $1 million declaratory judgment.
- $2,750,000 | Workplace Accident — We represented a construction worker who was hit by a tractor-trailer at the worksite, suffering serious injuries including the loss of his right leg below the knee. Attorneys Gene Riddle and Adam Smith filed separate personal injury and workers’ compensation claims, negotiating $2.75 million in total compensation after a hard-fought legal battle, that included filing a lawsuit against the trucking company.
- $1,625,000 | Pedestrian Accident — We were hired by an outside law firm after their client’s pedestrian accident claim was originally denied. We investigated the accident and determined that the driver involved had been negligent and entered mediation with the insurance company, ultimately securing $1.625 million in compensation for our valued client.
- $1,500,000 | Personal Injury — Our injury attorneys represented a worker who suffered debilitating head injuries when a tree limb being cut by his employer fell on his head. The employer did not have workers’ compensation insurance so we filed a lawsuit, eventually securing a judgment in favor of the plaintiff awarding $1.5 million.
Greenville NC Legal Information
Personal injury cases are filed and tried at the District Court or Superior Court of North Carolina’s court system. Many cases are settled without the need for a trial, but we are prepared to go to court if a settlement cannot be reached. The attorneys at Riddle & Brantley do not rule out any valid option in pursuing justice for our clients. The Pitt County Courthouse is located at 100 W 3rd St, Greenville, NC.
Workers’ Compensation Information
Riddle & Brantley’s lawyers can also handle workplace injury claims. Our workers’ comp team is led by two Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation law, Chris Brantley and Adam Smith. These attorneys have been recognized by the NC State Bar Association for their experience and expertise handling work injury claims.
Workers’ compensation hearings are often necessary to get benefits for an injured worker. Workers’ comp claims are handled by the North Carolina Industrial Commission. That agency resolves disputes related to an injury on the job, an illness acquired through work (occupational disease), or deaths at work.
Deputy Commissioner Hearings are held in various locations in eastern North Carolina, including Greenville, Williamston, Elizabeth City, Tarboro, Wilson, Benson, New Bern, Fayetteville, Burgaw, and Bolivia. The North Carolina Industrial Commission holds Full Commission Hearings in Raleigh at its offices at 430 N. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC 27603.
Social Security Disability Information
If you are seeking benefits through Social Security Disability, our legal team is ready to get to work for you. We can assist with the initial application or help you file an appeal if your SSD application for benefits has been denied. The Social Security Administration Office is located at 2805 S Charles Blvd, Greenville, NC 27858.
Get a Free Consultation with a Injury Lawyer Today
Our team at Riddle & Brantley stands ready to protect your rights. Every lawyer at our firm genuinely cares about each person we represent and is committed to providing the highest level of client services to you. The same is true of our staff. Call us today at (252) 397-8620 for a FREE, no-obligation consultation so we can talk to you about your case. We are here to help you seek justice.
The consultation is 100% free and there is no obligation. If you decide to hire us, you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Consultations are available in-person at our Greenville location by appointment only, however, we can consult with you from anywhere by phone, email, text, or video conference. There is no in-person meeting required to get started on your case, but we can even send an investigator directly to you if it’s more convenient. We also have bilingual interpreters on staff for the convenience of our Spanish-speaking clients.
“They handled my case very professionally, with respect from beginning to end.”
–Joseph P., Riddle & Brantley client
Justice Counts and our injury attorneys would love to help you if they can. Call (252) 397-8620 today and let’s review your claim.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the Litigator Award, and other memberships, awards, and accolades, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.