Leland Disability Lawyer
Do you have a disability, and are you unable to work as a result? The financial impact of living with a disability can be challenging and stressful. You may be entitled to Social Security disability payments — and you may be searching for a Leland disability lawyer.
The NC disability attorneys at Riddle & Brantley have experience serving clients in the Leland NC area and may be able to help with your claim or appeal.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free case review and consultation. There is no cost for the consultation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
We can assist with all aspects of your case in Leland, North Carolina, including but not limited to:
- Helping you complete and file your Initial Application for Social Security disability
- Requesting a second look at your application in the Reconsideration phase
- Coordinating your response to the SSA’s requests for additional records and evidence
- Gathering important medical records, evaluation forms and supporting documentation from your medical providers
- Helping you arrange a second opinion by a qualified and unbiased doctor
- Requesting a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) if your claim is denied at the Reconsideration level
- Presenting your case to the ALJ, highlighting the most important evidence
- Cross-examining witnesses at your hearing with the ALJ
- Filing for an appeal before the Appeals Council if your claim is denied by the ALJ at your hearing
- Filing a lawsuit in federal court if your claim is denied by the Appeals Council
- And much more…
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving clients in Leland and surrounding North Carolina, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There is no obligation and there are never any upfront costs or attorney fees unless we get you the Social Security disability benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
Our attorneys have been fighting for North Carolinians with disabilities — including many in the Leland area — for more than three decades.
We pride ourselves on providing superior client service and are humbled by the words clients use to describe their experience working with our attorneys and staff:
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my need first.”
Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability Law
There are no guarantees when seeking disability benefits, but a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability can help improve the chances that you are ultimately approved.
The Riddle & Brantley Social Security Disability team is led by Scott Scurfield, a Board-Certified Specialist. As a Specialist, Scott has demonstrated to the NC State Bar that he has significant expertise and experience in this special practice area.
Scott and his team of paralegals and case managers know how to navigate the complicated Social Security Administration system. They are familiar with the Administrative Law Judges who review disability claims and can help position your case in the best possible way.
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving clients in Leland, please call 1-800-525-7111.
The consultation is free and you’ll never pay a dime in attorney fees unless we successfully obtain benefits for you.
“We know the Social Security system and can help increase the chances that you are approved for disability benefits.”
–Scott Scurfield, Riddle & Brantley disability attorney and Board-Certified Specialist
For our veterans who have served our country honorably and suffered disability, our VA-accredited veterans benefits attorneys can help, as well.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability today.
“My disability claim was denied. What do I do now?”
Roughly 70 percent of all disability claims are initially denied by the Social Security Administration. If your claim has been denied, do not be discouraged.
There are many levels of appeal. A disability lawyer serving clients in Leland NC can help you determine your legal options and the best path forward.
Level of appeal within the Social Security system include:
- Reconsideration Level — At this level of appeal, a different Claims Examiner will reevaluate your claim. Although not many decisions are overturned at this level (generally less than 10 percent), you can appeal their decision at the Hearing level.
- Hearing Level — You may request a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). At this hearing, your attorney can present medical records and evidence in support of your disability claim, and even cross-examine witnesses. Your chances at approval dramatically increase at this level of appeal. Approximately 40 percent of claims heard by an ALJ at the hearing level are approved.
- Appeals Council Level — If you request a hearing by the Appeals Council, your case will be reviewed and the Council will either deny the claim, reverse the ALJ’s decision or, more often, send it back to the ALJ or further consideration. This process can take a long time (often more than a year) and can be stressful. And roughly 90 percent of the time, the denial is upheld by the Appeals Council.
- Federal Court Level — Your last opportunity for appeal is with the federal court system (District Court and, in rarer cases, the Circuit Court of Appeals). Federal District Court only rejects the Appeals Council’s findings about 2 percent of the time, but just about 50% of the time they find errors and send the case back to the ALJ for further consideration.
The appeals process for Social Security disability claims can be time-consuming (often taking more than a year or two), stressful and complicated.
A disability lawyer serving Leland and surrounding North Carolina can help.
For a FREE, zero-obligation consultation with a disability lawyer serving clients in Leland, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we get you the benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below for a free consultation and case review.
We will review your case, advise you on your legal options, and if you decide to hire us, we will fight tirelessly for you at every step of the process.
You don’t have to do this alone. Our disability attorneys are ready to help however we can.
Justice Counts for North Carolinians with disabilities.