What Kind of Evidence Do You Need in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating, often resulting in serious and even life-threatening injuries. Victims deserve justice. Even if you’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, however, you’ll still need a significant amount of evidence in order to win a favorable settlement or verdict. In this article, we’ll answer the question, “What kind of evidence do you need in a motorcycle accident case?”
Evidence in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Whether you’re represented by a motorcycle accident lawyer or not, you’ll need evidence in order to support your claim for compensation. In many cases, a comprehensive investigation is needed in order to prove liability.
Evidence that can help prove fault in a motorcycle accident case includes:
- Witness testimony
- Expert testimony (such as by accident reconstructionists)
- Photos of the crash scene (including debris, skid marks, pavement markings, and more) and injuries
- Surveillance video or dash cam footage
- The official accident report from law enforcement
- Vehicle damage
An experienced personal injury lawyer and investigation team can help collect evidence for your motorcycle accident case. At Riddle & Brantley, we have a team of retired law enforcement officers on staff to help lead these investigations.
In motorcycle accident cases involving trucks or tractor-trailers, we can also obtain black box data, truck maintenance records, driver employment records, and other evidence that can help prove liability.
In many cases, we’ll even bring in outside experts like accident reconstructionists to help prove liability and provide additional evidence in motorcycle accidents.
It is important that you act fast — certain evidence must be documented immediately or preserved.
For a FREE consultation with an experienced North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111 today.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.
Evidence of Damages in Motorcycle Accident Cases
You’ll also need to provide evidence to support potential damages, as well. This evidence may include but is not limited to:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Other bills for related expenses like medical equipment
- Wage and employment records
- Letters of support from medical providers
- Diary (documenting your suffering, treatments, and experience after the accident)
In motorcycle accident cases involving injuries that will require long-term care, a personal injury lawyer can also obtain a comprehensive life care plan to help calculate future costs of care.
“I’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident. Now what?”
If you’ve been injured in a North Carolina motorcycle accident, our attorneys are ready to help. Since 1985, our motorcycle accident lawyers have fought for justice and compensation for victims of accidents due to others’ negligence, and we would love to help you if we can.
“Riddle & Brantley found me all the available money from the insurance companies.”
–David Howard, Riddle & Brantley client
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyer, please call 1-800-525-7111.
You can also fill out the fast and easy form below if you prefer. Free, no-obligation consultations are available by phone, email, text and even video conference. We can also meet at our office or your home, if you prefer, but no in-person meeting is required to get started on your case.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case.
Why Riddle & Brantley for Your Motorcycle Accident Case?
At Riddle & Brantley, we have the experience and resources needed to obtain the evidence you need in a motorcycle accident case in order to secure compensation.
In more than 35 years serving clients in North Carolina, we’ve secured millions of dollars in compensation (see disclaimer below) for victims of motorcycle accidents, including:
- $1,000,000 — Our client was a passenger when she was thrown from a motorcycle when the driver lost control in an s-curve. We proved the driver was negligent in the accident and secured $1,000,000 in total compensation through a negotiated settlement with the insurance company.
- $1,000,000 — Our client was thrown 15 feet from his motorcycle when he was hit by another vehicle that did not have the right of way. The defendant was charged in the accident and we filed a separate civil claim, ultimately securing $1,000,000 in total compensation for the injured victim.
- $300,000 — We represented a motorcyclist who was t-boned by a truck when pulling onto a busy highway. Liability was disputed but we were able to prove fault in the accident through a comprehensive investigation, ultimately settling the matter for $300,000 in total compensation.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, don’t wait — now is the time to start collecting the evidence you need to prove fault and secure compensation.
We are ready to help however we can. You don’t need to go through this alone.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced North Carolina motorcycle accident attorney, please call 1-800-525-7111.
The consultation is free, there is no obligation, and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we are successful and get compensation for you.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your claim.
Justice Counts for victims of negligence and we are ready to fight for you however we can.