Winston-Salem Personal Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured in an accident? Is another person or company responsible? If so, you may be looking for a Winston-Salem personal injury lawyer and the experienced attorneys at Riddle & Brantley are ready to help.
Personal Injury Attorney Serving Winston-Salem
Riddle & Brantley has been representing accident victims in North Carolina including Winston-Salem and the Piedmont Triad for decades. Our attorneys have more than 220+ years of collective legal experience, and are deeply familiar with the laws impacting injury cases in Winston-Salem and North Carolina.
Our experienced personal injury attorneys can help with all types of cases in Winston-Salem, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Uber / Lyft accidents
- Workers’ compensation claims
- Wrongful death claims
- Social Security disability
- VA disability
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
Winston-Salem is a thriving city in North Carolina and ranks as the fifth most populated city with approximately 252,000 residents but over 675,000 in the metro area. Winston-Salem is located in the Piedmont/Triad and is home to RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company, Old Salem, Wake Forest University, and Winston-Salem State University. Dangerous highways run through and around this city including I-40, I-74, and US 52. Not surprisingly, auto and truck accidents occur daily on the Winston-Salem highways and roads, including Cherry St. and University Parkway.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Winston-Salem, please call 1-800-525-7111 or fill out the form below.
There is no upfront cost and no attorney fee unless we win your case and get you financial compensation.
Why Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Whether you’ve been hurt in a car accident, workplace accident, slip and fall, boat accidents, or some other incident, personal injury cases can be complex.
You can represent yourself in an injury claim or lawsuit, but if you’re serious about getting justice and recovering compensation, you’ll probably want the help of a personal injury lawyer with experience in Winston-Salem. Recent research shows that those who hire a personal injury attorney recover roughly 3 times more compensation on average than those who represent themselves.
Although most people associate personal injury lawyers with trials (and a trial may be necessary, depending on your case), an experienced injury attorney can help with all aspects of your claim or lawsuits, including:
- Accident investigation and evidence collection and preservation
- Witness interviews
- Police statements
- Insurance company statements
- Calculating damages
- Negotiations with the insurance company
- Finding medical treatment and making medical payment arrangements
- Mediation or arbitration
- Court filings
- Establishing trusts for long-term care
- And much more…
At Riddle & Brantley, our attorneys have over 220+ years of combined legal experience handling injury cases in North Carolina, including the Winston-Salem and Piedmont Triad area. We know how to negotiate with the insurance companies and hold at-fault parties accountable. More than that, we’re not afraid to take a case to trial if our client does not receive a fair settlement offer.
Our connection to the Winston-Salem area is personal. Attorney and managing partner Gene Riddle graduated from Wake Forest University School of Law in 1985 and has been serving the people of North Carolina ever since. He has fond memories of spending time in Winston-Salem and is committed to fighting for justice for people in the area.
In North Carolina, it’s especially important to consult with an attorney due to the rule of “contributory negligence.” This rule means that if you’re found to be even slightly responsible for an accident, you are barred from recovery of compensation. Many insurance companies will use a contributory negligence defense to try to avoid paying out on a claim. We know how to overcome these defenses and establish liability. Don’t gamble with the potential compensation you deserve. Consult with an experienced personal injury attorney handling cases in Winston-Salem today.
With a Riddle & Brantley personal injury lawyer on your team, you’ll have less stress and be able to focus on what’s most important — recovering from your injuries. Our team makes sure that we obtain and preserve evidence from truck accidents and slip and fall cases. We usually send letters requesting that the trucks be preserved along with all data in truck cases until our experts can inspect the truck and preserve the data. We also request the video surveillance from the stores in slip and fall cases.
Evidence can be lost quickly so we act quickly.
“Our attorneys have been fighting for justice for Winston-Salem clients for decades. It’s what we do.”
Have You Suffered an Accident in Winston-Salem?
If you’re looking for a Winston-Salem personal injury attorney…
We’ve been helping the people of Winston-Salem and the surrounding area since 1985.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer for your case is an important choice. And while the final decision is ultimately a personal one, there are a few questions you may want to consider:
- How long have the lawyers been practicing personal injury law?
- How many injury cases have the lawyers handled in the past?
- What type of injury cases have the lawyers handled in the past?
- What is his or her experience practicing law in North Carolina?
- How familiar is the lawyer with Winston-Salem and the Piedmont Triad area? (Gene Riddle graduated from Wake Forest Law School in 1985)
It’s also important to consider the attorney’s track record obtaining settlements and judgments for clients.
Here are just a few of our recent case results:
- Workers Compensation | $2.48 million — When a construction worker fell from a platform and suffered severe and disabling injury, he turned to Riddle & Brantley for help. Attorneys Gene Riddle and Chris Brantley handled all aspects of the case, including mediation, and ultimately recovered $2.48 million in total settlement and helped the family establish two trusts for long-term care.
- Motorcycle Accident | $1.05 million — Attorney Gene Riddle represented a client who was a passenger on a motorcycle when the driver lost control in an S-curve, causing the motorcycle to roll. The client suffered traumatic brain injury, memory loss, and multiple fractures. Negotiating on behalf of the client, Gene obtained the policy maximum of $1 million in a settlement prior to filing suit.
- Personal Injury | $500,000 — Attorney Gene Riddle represented a client who slipped and fell on unsecured merchandise in a retail store, resulting in knee, foot, and hip injuries. After filing suit, Gene negotiated with the Defendant’s counsel and settled at mediation for $500,000 prior to trial.
- Boating Accident | $302,000 — Attorneys Gene Riddle and Adam Smith represented a law enforcement officer who was injured in a boat accident while riding as a passenger. After extensive investigation, Riddle & Brantley determined the accident was the result of pilot/captain error, and we began negotiations with the boat operator’s insurance company. After extensive negotiation, we settled the claim successfully, resulting in a $302,000 (limits of all insurance available) settlement for our client.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
For more recent settlements and judgments won by Riddle & Brantley attorneys, please visit our case results page.
See what Darletta had to say about working with Riddle & Brantley after her auto accident:
Our personal injury lawyers are recognized nationwide and throughout North Carolina for their experience and expertise. Gene Riddle is even a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which recognize lawyers who have obtained the most significant judgments and settlements for clients (see disclaimer below).
In the aftermath of an accident, it’s important that evidence is gathered and preserved right away. At Riddle & Brantley, we’ve investigated many accidents in the Winston-Salem area, and we have a team of experienced investigators ready to go to work at a moment’s notice. These investigators are retired law enforcement officers and know the ins and outs of accident investigation based on decades of experience.
Put your case in the hands of a law firm with experience investigating accidents and proving fault. We know how to interview witnesses, document the crash scene, obtain and secure evidence, and more. Call 1-800-525-7111 for a free, no-obligation consultation with a persona injury lawyer at Riddle & Brantley handling cases in Winston-Salem.
Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Winston-Salem
Have you been injured in an accident in Winston-Salem or the Piedmont Triad?
If you’ve been injured in an accident and believe someone else’s negligence is to blame, you deserve justice — and you may be entitled to compensation.
Our personal injury lawyers have been serving Winston-Salem and the Piedmont Triad for decades, and we are committed to justice for all North Carolinians. When you work with a Riddle & Brantley personal injury, worker’s compensation, or wrongful death attorney, you’ll have an entire legal team fighting on your behalf.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or fill out the form below.
There is no upfront cost and no attorney fees unless we win your case and recover financial compensation for you.
You deserve justice, and we would love to help.
Please contact us today. Call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and easy form below.
***Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.