Goldsboro Car Accident Lawyers
Goldsboro Car Accident Lawyers Ready to Help
Have you been injured in a car accident in Goldsboro, NC? An experienced car accident attorney at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help. Since 2000, we’ve recovered more than $600 million in total compensation for our deserving clients, and we’d love to help you however we can (see disclaimer below). At Riddle & Brantley, there are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation. The consultation is always free, and there is no obligation.
Founding partner and Goldsboro personal injury attorney Gene Riddle and his family live in Goldsboro, and Riddle & Brantley has been serving clients in the area since 1985. We are proud to support the community, including those stationed at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base. In Goldsboro, we proudly say, “We love jet noise.”
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley, please call (919) 778-9700 or complete the fast and easy form below. We are available to consult you with at our convenient Goldsboro office, or by phone, email, text, or video conference. We can even come to you directly if it’s more convenient.
We’re proud of our record securing significant settlements and verdicts for car accident victims in Goldsboro and greater North Carolina (see disclaimer below), and we’re especially humbled by the words our clients use to describe their experience working with our accident injury attorneys and staff.
“You’ll walk in the front door as a client but leave as family. They’re the absolute best.”
-Susan S., Riddle & Brantley client
Car Accidents in Goldsboro, NC
Every day, car accidents have life-changing consequences for innocent drivers and their passengers. According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), in 2020, there were 1,216 reported auto crashes in Goldsboro, including 427 resulting in injury. One of these collisions was fatal. From rear-end collisions to head-on accidents, t-bone accidents to rollovers, motor vehicle accidents range widely in severity — and lives can change in seconds.
Types of Auto Accidents We Handle
In more than 35 years serving the people of Goldsboro and eastern North Carolina, Riddle & Brantley’s car accident lawyers have handled all types of car accident cases, including:
- Rear-end accidents
- Distracted driving accidents (including texting and driving accidents)
- Head-on accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Side-swipe accidents
- Construction zone accidents
- School bus accidents
- Amazon and delivery truck accidents
We also routinely handle truck accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, motorcycle accidents, Uber and Lyft accidents, delivery truck accidents, and other motor vehicle crashes resulting in injury. In the the most serious cases resulting in death, our wrongful death attorneys can fight on behalf of surviving loved ones. In car accidents occurring while on the job, our Goldsboro workers’ comp attorneys can handle workers’ compensation claims, as well.
Have you or someone you love suffered a serious injury in a car accident? If so, contact a car accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley to discuss your legal options today. Call (919) 778-9700 for a FREE, no-obligation consultation. Remember, if you decide to hire us, there are no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
Riddle & Brantley is proud to have served the grater area for more than 35 years. If you or a loved one has been injured a car accident through no fault of your own, our dedicated car accident attorneys are ready to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Our firm is available 7 days a week to discuss your case and your claim for damages incurred from your car accident injuries.
Riddle & Brantley is committed to providing an exceptional level of service to our clients and giving back to our community. We strive to treat every client like family, and we want to help you seek justice for your injuries caused by a negligent driver.
We invite you to review our client reviews to see what people say about working with our attorneys and staff.
For a FREE consultation with a car accident lawyer, please call (919) 778-9700 or complete the short form below.
“I came to Riddle & Brantley looking for justice. From step one to finish, they were 100% helpful.”
-Anthony C., Riddle & Brantley client
What to Do After a Car Accident in Goldsboro
The aftermath of a car accident can be chaotic. In addition to physical injuries, the accident may cause serious financial strain and emotional trauma. If you’ve been injured in a car accident, follow these tips to help protect your legal rights and begin building a potential personal injury case:
- Call 911 — In North Carolina, every accident resulting in injury must be reported to the authorities. If you’ve been injured, call 911 immediately. Protecting your health and safety is most important.
- Seek Medical Attention — If you’ve been injured, get medical help immediately. Follow the recommendations of the medical first responders and go to the hospital if necessary. Remember that some “delayed onset” injuries may not be apparent right away, so it’s important to get diagnostic testing. In addition to protecting your health and well-being, visiting the doctor will start a paper trail of medical records that will be valuable in any potential car accident injury claim or lawsuit.
- Talk with Law Enforcement — Be open and honest with the responding officer, and remember that anything you say can and will be used against you. Do NOT admit fault or apologize, as the facts and circumstances of the car accident may not be immediately apparent and any such statement could jeopardize your claim.
- Take Photos — Take photos of the entire crash scene, including vehicle damage, other property damage, debris, skid marks, road signage, etc. Also, be sure to get photos of any injuries.
- Get Contact Information — If possible, talk with the other driver and get their contact and insurance information. Again, do NOT apologize or admit fault. Also, be sure to talk with witnesses and get their contact info, as well. Their testimony may be influential in any potential car accident case.
- File a Claim — Call the insurance company and get the accident claim started. However, do NOT give a recorded statement to the insurance company before first talking with an experienced car accident lawyer. Insurance companies are interested in paying as little as possible and are NOT on your side.
- Call a Goldsboro Car Accident Attorney — An experienced injury attorney can help protect your legal rights, investigate the accident, and help prove liability. Research shows that those who hire a personal injury lawyer recover roughly 3 times more compensation on average than those who represent themselves. Call (919) 778-9700 today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley.
“How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?”
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Goldsboro, North Carolina, the clock starts ticking right away. Personal injury claims in North Carolina are governed by the Statute of Limitations, which is essentially the deadline for filing a claim or lawsuit. There are some exceptions, but in general, in North Carolina you must file a car accident injury claim or lawsuit within:
- 3 years of the date of injury in personal injury claims
- 2 years of the date of death in wrongful death claims
At Riddle & Brantley, a car accident attorney can help keep track of all important deadlines and make sure that you don’t miss out on your chance at justice. Call (919) 778-9700 today and let’s review your claim. We are ready to help however we can.
What Happens If I Reject a Settlement Offer in My Car Accident Case?
You have the right to reject a settlement offer in your car accident case. Of course, it may impact your chances of recovering fair compensation for your losses. A settlement offer means you consent to enter into a contract with the at-fault party or their insurance company. The terms of these agreements vary, but a plaintiff generally agrees not to pursue a lawsuit in exchange for a monetary settlement from the negligent party.
The parties in a personal injury lawsuit can come to an agreement up until the last moments of trial — if they choose. In addition, some insurance companies will make an offer they believe is fair and refuse to compromise. In other cases, an insurance company might feel the plaintiff is not negotiating in good faith and decide to take the case to trial.
Because rejecting a settlement offer may have serious consequences, it is essential to have an attorney review it and determine how best to proceed.
There are Different Ways to Reject an Offer
When deciding how to respond to the defendant and their legal team, you have options that include the following:
- Rejecting the offer outright. However, as noted, there is no guarantee of additional communication after this rejection.
- Making a counteroffer. Sometimes, it is best to make an immediate counteroffer.
When is Rejecting an Offer the Right Move?
One of the benefits of having an attorney is they can provide valuable context about the strength of your case. They usually know when the amount is inadequate for your long-term needs.
Some of the factors that determine whether you should accept or reject a settlement include the following:
- The value of your case
- Whether the other side admits to liability
- When the statute of limitations expires
- Whether you have finished treating your injuries
- Whether the other side has insurance
A skilled attorney could help you decide when the amount is fair and in your best interest to accept it.
Our Results for Car Crash Victims
With more than 220+ years of combined legal experience representing victims of negligent drivers, Riddle & Brantley’s car accident attorneys have successfully obtained many significant verdicts and settlements for our clients (see disclaimer below), including:
- $9,450,000 Settlement — Our attorneys settled a tragic tractor-trailer wrongful death case involving a family of four who were killed when their vehicle caught fire after being rear-ended by a tractor-trailer while traffic was slowing for construction. Proving liability required extensive investigative research and evidence-gathering, and the case was settled one week before trial.
- $2,750,000 Arbitration Award — Our client suffered multiple fractures to the neck, leg, and arms in a head-on collision. We entered arbitration and won a $2.75 million award, which was followed by a $1 million declaratory judgment against an insurance company granting coverage under one of two motor vehicle policies at issue.
- $2,000,000 Settlement — Attorney Gene Riddle negotiated a $2 million settlement for the estate of our elderly client who was severely injured when an 18-wheeler pulled out in front of her vehicle. She suffered serious injuries and tragically passed away several months later. Our firm retained an expert local accident reconstructionist to establish liability and secure the settlement during negotiations.
- $1,925,000 Settlement — Attorney Gene Riddle and late attorney and partner Gene Jenkins secured this verdict for our client who was gravely injured when she was hit by a cement truck while walking through a parking lot. We brought in expert accident reconstructionists to prove liability.
Award-Winning Trial Attorneys
Our car accident lawyers are led by attorney Gene Riddle. Gene is a member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel and The National Trial Lawyers Top 100. He has a prestigious AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is the recipient of the 2014 Litigator Award (see disclaimer below).
Many of our other attorneys have been honored with other prestigious awards and memberships, including the Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” award and The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 (see disclaimer below).
“They handled my case very professionally, with respect from beginning to end.”
–Joseph P., Riddle & Brantley client
Call (919) 778-9700 and let’s review your claim. Victims of negligence deserve justice and we would love to help you if we can.
Our firm will carefully evaluate every detail of your accident and injury to determine the strength of a claim or lawsuit. We will gather evidence, including police reports and information about the vehicles involved. At Riddle & Brantley, we even have experienced investigators on staff. These are retired law enforcement officers who know how to handle even the most complex accident investigations. Our investigators work side by side with our car accident lawyers to evaluate evidence, prove liability, and strengthen our clients’ cases.
If the at-fault driver was uninsured or underinsured, then we will work to find other avenues of compensation. Furthermore, if your accident was a hit and run, then we will stay current with law enforcement’s efforts to find the responsible driver.
Need a Car Accident Lawyer in Goldsboro?
A car accident can be life-changing. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a car accident as the result of another person’s negligence, our injury attorneys may be able to help you get compensation for potential damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Property damage
- Emotional trauma like PTSD
- And more…
“Every time I’ve needed them, they were there for me.”
–Tyronnie T., Riddle & Brantley client
For a FREE consultation with an experienced car accident attorney at Riddle & Brantley, please call (919) 778-9700. The consultation is free and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
If we don’t win your case and recover compensation for you, you won’t pay any attorney fees. It’s as simple as that.
We believe Justice Counts for car accident victims in the aerea and we are ready to help however we can.
Please call (919) 778-9700 today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a car accident lawyer who can help.
You may be entitled to significant financial compensation and we would love to help you get the justice you deserve.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, and the Litigator Award, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.