Greensboro Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Have you been injured in a pedestrian accident? A pedestrian accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help you recover the compensation you deserve. We are available to serve you from our convenient Greensboro office by appointment only, and can also consult for free by phone, email, text, or video conference.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer, please call (336) 516-9066 or complete the fast and easy form below.
The consultation is free and there is no obligation. If we don’t recover compensation for you, you won’t pay any attorney fees. It’s as simple as that.
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, Justice Counts, and we would love to help you however we can.
Pedestrian Accidents in North Carolina
Pedestrian accidents can be catastrophic, and unfortunately, these accidents are not uncommon in North Carolina, including in the Greensboro area. According to the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), pedestrian accidents in North Carolina increased 2.7% in 2019, when 231 pedestrians were killed in crashes involving motor vehicles. There were 2,074 total pedestrian crashes in North Carolina in 2019.
In 2019, 10.1% of all pedestrians involved in a motor vehicle accident were killed.
Many of these North Carolina pedestrian accidents involved drunk or distracted driving.
What Damages Are Available in a Pedestrian Accident Case?
The aftermath of a pedestrian accident can be devastating. You may be faced with expensive medical bills and emotional distress. Depending on your injuries, you may also have to take time off work. In some cases, pedestrian accident victims won’t be able to return to work at all.
Damages are available to victims who have been injured due to another’s negligence, and a North Carolina pedestrian accident lawyer can help ensure that you get the compensation you’re entitled to.
Damages available in pedestrian accident cases include:
- Medical expenses — you are entitled to compensation for medical treatments, including money to cover required treatment in the future
- Lost wages — pedestrian accident victims may recover compensation to help make up for lost wages due to time off work
- Lost future earning potential — you may be entitled to compensation for loss of future earning potential if your pedestrian accident injuries make returning to work (or doing the same kind of work you did previously) impossible
- Pain and suffering — pain and suffering refers to the emotional damages that you may suffer as a results of the accident
- Punitive damages — in some cases, a jury may award punitive damages designed to punish a defendant for “gross negligence”
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accident Cases
In more than 35 years handling pedestrian accident cases in Greensboro and across North Carolina, our personal injury lawyers have helped clients who have suffered all types of injuries. Injuries suffered in pedestrian accidents can be especially severe, as pedestrians are often completely caught off guard and unprotected.
Common injuries in pedestrian accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Cuts, scrapes, and contusions
- Crush injuries
- Hand injuries
- Loss of limbs (amputations)
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
The consultation is free and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you. Call (336) 516-9066 today and let’s review your claim.
Statute of Limitations in Pedestrian Accident Cases
In North Carolina, the statute of limitations for most pedestrian accident claims is three years from the date of the injury. However, in wrongful death cases, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of death.
There are limited exceptions. An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer can help review your case and ensure that you file your claim or lawsuit within the statute of limitations.
Why Hire a Pedestrian Accident Attorney?
You aren’t required to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer if you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, but doing so can greatly increase the chances that you recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
Pedestrian accident cases can be complicated and time-consuming, and the process of negotiating with insurance companies or filing a lawsuit can be stressful.
An experienced pedestrian accident attorney handling cases can oversee all aspects of your injury case, including:
- Identifying and preserving important evidence
- Interviewing potential witnesses
- Hiring expert witnesses including accident reconstructionists
- Obtaining surveillance and dash cam footage
- Obtaining the official police report
- Calculating damages
- Obtaining a comprehensive life care plan
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Preparing you for a recorded statement to the insurance company
- Conducting depositions
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary
- Drafting and filing court documents
- Representing you at trial
- Representing you in mediation and/or arbitration proceedings
- Negotiating for reduced medical liens if possible
Investigating Pedestrian Accident Claims
In pedestrian accident cases, liability is often difficult to prove, which means that a comprehensive investigation is required. At Riddle & Brantley, our firm has several investigators on staff to help lead these investigations, and we often bring in outside experts like accident reconstructionists to help prove fault and strengthen our clients’ cases.
In one recent case, we hired a reconstructionist to prove liability in a pedestrian case. We ultimately used the “last clear chance” doctrine to prove that the defendant driver had the “last clear chance” to avoid the accident and failed to do so.
Evidence for Proving Fault
There is often a significant amount of evidence to review in a pedestrian accident case that can help a pedestrian accident lawyer prove liability.
In pedestrian injury cases, our attorneys will often review:
- Photos of the crash scene, vehicle damage, debris, and injuries
- Witness testimony
- Surveillance video and/or dash cam footage
- Medical records
- The official accident report from law enforcement
- Testimony by expert witnesses like reconstructionists
- and much more…
Our Results for Pedestrian Accident Victims
Since 2000 alone, we’ve recovered more than $600 million in total compensation for victims of others’ negligence and we would love to help you if we can (see disclaimer below). In one recent pedestrian accident case, attorneys Gene Riddle and Kurt Dixon were brought in by an out-of-state law firm to help secure a total settlement of $1.62 million for a woman who was hit by a driver while crossing a busy highway (see disclaimer below).
For a FREE consultation with an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer, please call (336) 516-9066.
The consultation is free, and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive compensation.
“They handled my case very professionally, with respect from beginning to end.”
–Joseph P., Riddle & Brantley client
Call (336) 516-9066 and let’s review your claim.
Justice Counts for those hurt in pedestrian accidents in Greensboro and across North Carolina, and we would love to help however we can.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.