Durham Work Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a work accident, you may have a workers’ compensation claim, and you might be looking for a Durham work injury lawyer.
You may want to consider the Durham workers’ compensation attorneys at Riddle & Brantley.
Our Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation law have been fighting for work injury victims for decades. Together, the workers’ comp, personal injury and wrongful death attorneys at Riddle & Brantley have nearly 200 years of legal experience.
We would love to see if we can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
For a FREE consultation with one of our work accident attorneys, please call 1-800-525-7111. You can also complete the form below if you prefer.
There is no obligation, and if you decide to hire us, there is no upfront cost and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive financial compensation.
Our Durham workers’ comp lawyers have been fighting for North Carolina injury victims for more than three decades, and we are experienced helping clients in Durham and the greater Triangle.
“We’re committed to justice for Durham, the Triangle and all of North Carolina,” -Gene Riddle
We have convenient offices in Durham (by appointment only), Raleigh and three other locations throughout North Carolina, and we can even come to you.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 for a free, no-obligation case review.
Our dedicated staff is ready to help. We pride ourselves on our excellent client service and even respond to calls and emails after hours and on weekends.
Why Riddle & Brantley?
If you’re looking for a Durham work injury lawyer, you have a LOT of choices.
One thing that sets Riddle & Brantley apart is that we have two Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation law. These attorneys are recognized by the North Carolina State Bar Association for their experience and proficiency in representing work accident victims.
A Riddle & Brantley Durham workplace injury lawyer can help manage all aspects of your work injury case, making sure that:
- You do not accept an unfair settlement or waive your rights
- Your employer and the insurance company receive Form 18 – formal notice of your injury
- The NC Industrial Commission receives your formal claim (Form 18)
- Your injury report includes a comprehensive list of all injured body parts
- The insurance carrier acknowledges and files an acceptance of your claim with the NCIC
- You do not miss critical deadlines, or be barred from pursuing your claim due to statutes of limitations
- Your adjuster and/or case manager do not communicate with your health care providers in an inappropriate manner
- You receive weekly disability checks in a timely manner
- The weekly wage rate for your compensation is calculated correctly
- You receive timely approvals on diagnostic tests and medications from your insurance company
- You receive a second opinion from a qualified and unbiased doctor
- You’re not forced to accept a new position created just to avoid paying you disability
- And much, much more…
Workers’ compensation claims and lawsuits can be complex, time-consuming and stressful. North Carolina law does not require you to hire a lawyer, but it is recommended in order to help obtain the best possible result.
When you hire Riddle & Brantley, you’ll get an experienced workers’ comp attorney plus a dedicated staff that is committed to your success.
We’re proud of the results we’ve obtained for our clients, including:
- $1,800,000 — Attorney Gene Riddle represented a truck driver who was hit by another truck and ultimately suffered amputation of the lower part of his left leg. Riddle obtained settlements with two insurance companies for total compensation of $1.8 million.
- $725,000 — Managing partner Gene Riddle tirelessly represented an agricultural worker who suffered a serious back injury while on the job, requiring surgery, fusion and a spinal cord stimulator implant. After the defendants denied benefits to our client, Riddle took the case to the North Carolina Industrial Commission, where we won a favorable decision. The workers’ compensation case ultimately settled after nine years of payments for $725,000.
- $375,000 — Partner Christopher Brantley fought for justice for a delivery driver who suffered a severe back injury on the job, requiring extensive surgery, physical therapy and pain management. Brantley represented the client in mediation and obtained a $375,000 settlement.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
For more settlements obtained by our work injury lawyers, please visit the Riddle & Brantley case results page.
Justice for Workers in Durham
Durham — the “Bull City” — is one of North Carolina’s fastest-growing cities, with a population of more than 267,000 people as of 2017. Downtown construction and the busy I-40, I-85 and I-440 interstates mean that work accidents are unfortunately common.
Riddle & Brantley has extensive experience representing all types of workers in Durham and throughout North Carolina, including:
- Construction workers
- Truck drivers
- Warehouse workers
- Factory workers
- Office workers
- Law enforcement personnel
- Doctors, nurses and medical staff
- Paramedics and EMTs
- Utility workers
- Agricultural workers
- And more…
In addition to broken bones, back injuries, burns, loss of limbs, vision loss and other injuries, we also represent workers who suffer illness as a result of exposure to dangerous chemicals and substances, such as asbestos and lead.
“They treated me professionally and with respect. I am very satisfied with how my case was handled.” -Vivian R.
Looking for a Durham work injury lawyer?
If you’ve been injured at work in Durham or the greater Triangle, you have legal rights under North Carolina state law. And you may be searching for a workers’ comp attorney with experience in Durham.
Everyone deserves justice.
Contact a Durham workers’ compensation lawyer at Riddle & Brantley for a free case review. We’ll review your case and advise you on your legal options.
Workplace injuries can be traumatic and life-changing, and we’re committed to helping our clients every step of the way.
For a FREE case review and consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below.
If you decide to hire us, there is no upfront cost and no attorney fees unless we get you financial compensation.
Please call Riddle & Brantley today at 1-800-525-7111. We’d love to see if we can help.