Cornelius Disability Lawyer
If you live in the Cornelius or Lake Norman area and are out of work because of an injury, a medical condition, or a disease, you may be thinking about applying for Social Security Disability benefits — and you may be looking for a Cornelius disability lawyer.
Riddle & Brantley may be able to help. Our disability lawyers have experience serving clients in Cornelius and throughout North Carolina and can help increase the chance that you are approved for disability benefits.
For a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability law, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
There are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
Call our disability lawyers with experience in Cornelius today at 1-800-525-7111.
“People with disabilities in Cornelius and throughout North Carolina deserve justice.” -Gene Riddle
Have you been denied Social Security disability benefits?
Maybe you have already applied on your own and been turned down, and now you are thinking of hiring a disability lawyer to help with your claim.
If this describes you, the North Carolina disability law team at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
We have served clients in the Cornelius area and greater Charlotte for more than three decades and our attorneys have nearly 200 years in combined legal experience.
A disability attorney can help improve the chance that you receive disability benefits.
Recent research shows that while just 34 percent of people who did not hire a disability lawyer were ultimately approved for benefits, 60 percent of those that did hire an attorney were ultimately approved.
Don’t gamble with your potential benefits. Call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with a disability lawyer with experience in Cornelius today.
There is no obligation and you won’t pay any attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the benefits you need and deserve.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s review your case.
Why Riddle & Brantley?
Our compassionate attorneys have been representing people with disabilities throughout North Carolina (including many in the Cornelius area and greater Charlotte) for decades.
Our SSD team is led by Scott Scurfield, a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability law. This means that Scott has been recognized by the North Carolina State Bar for his experience and expertise in this specialized practice area.
When you hire Riddle & Brantley to handle your disability case, you’ll not only be represented by a talented attorney, but you’ll also be supported by an entire team of paralegals and case managers dedicated to your success.
For a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security disability law, please call 1-800-525-7111.
You can also complete the fast and easy online form if you prefer.
There is no obligation and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s talk.
“There are no guarantees, but a Board-Certified Specialist can help improve the chances that you are approved for Social Security disability benefits.”
-Scott Scurfield, Riddle & Brantley attorney and Board-Certified Specialist
Don’t just take it from us, though.
We’re proud of the emphasis we place on providing excellent client service and we’re humbled by the words of our valued clients, including:
- “It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.” -R. Colley
- “To those people who are trying to get their disability, I hope they will look to Riddle & Brantley for help.” –B. Fields
- “I can honestly say that the aggressive work of Mr. Scurfield … was the major factor in my benefits being awarded.” -S. Jenkins
What can a Social Security Disability lawyer with experience in Cornelius NC do for you?
Riddle & Brantley’s disability attorneys can handle all aspects of your application or appeal, including:
- Helping you complete and file your application for SSD or SSDI benefits
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if your application for benefits is initially denied
- Helping you respond to requests and communications from the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Seeking a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) if your application is denied
- Collecting treatment records from medical providers to support your claim for Social Security disability benefits
- Seeking Residual Functional Capacity evaluation forms from your doctors to support your case
- Arguing your claim before the ALJ and cross-examining witnesses as necessary
- Appealing your case to the Appeals Council if your claim is denied by the Administrative Law Judge
- Appealing your case to the federal courts if the Appeals Council improperly denies your claim
- And much more…
For a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security disability law serving the Cornelius area, please call 1-800-525-7111.
You may be entitled to disability benefits and we may be able to help you in your quest to get them.
Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
There are many factors the Social Security Administration considers when determining whether you qualify for disability benefits, and there are no guarantees that anyone will ultimately be approved.
The SSA uses what it calls a “Five-Step Sequential Analysis” as its method for determining whether an applicant is eligible for benefits. The analysis takes into consideration five important questions, among other criteria:
- Are you working? In order to qualify for disability benefits from the SSA, you cannot earn more than $1,180 per month in wages.
- Is your condition severe enough? Does your disability interfere with your ability to work? The SSA will take this into consideration when evaluating your disability claim.
- Is your disability included in the “Blue Book”? The SSA maintains a list of conditions that qualify an applicant for benefits provided they meet other criteria. You can view this list — sometimes referred to as the “Blue Book” — on the SSA website.
- Can you do the same work you’ve done before? In applying for SSD benefits, you’ll need to demonstrate to the SSA that you are not able to perform similar work to what you have performed in the last 15 years.
- Can you do another kind of work? The SSA will consider what is called your “residual functional capacity” to determine whether or not you are able to do another type of work.
One of our disability lawyers familiar with the Cornelius, Lake Norman, and greater Charlotte area can help you determine the best legal path forward in pursuing Social Security disability benefits.
Call 1-800-525-7111 for a FREE consultation with a Riddle & Brantley disability lawyer.
The call is free and there are absolutely no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive disability benefits.
Please complete the simple online form or call 1-800-525-7111 for your free consultation.
“I never felt like just another client, but like family.”
We’ve been helping clients in Cornelius NC and throughout the state for decades and would love to help you if we can.