Hickory Disability Lawyer
If you live in the Hickory area and are out of work because of an injury, a medical condition, or a disease, you may be thinking about applying for Social Security Disability benefits and hiring a Hickory disability lawyer.
Maybe you have already applied on your own and been turned down, and now you are thinking of hiring a lawyer to help with your claim.
If this describes you, the North Carolina disability law team at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer serving Hickory, please call 1-800-525-7111.
There is no obligation and if you decide to hire us there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the disability benefits you need and deserve.
Our team of lawyers, paralegals and case managers has the experience and knowledge to help residents of the Hickory and Morganton areas and all of North Carolina obtain disability benefits through the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Led by a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability Law
Our team is led by Attorney Scott Scurfield, a Board-Certified Specialist in social security disability law. We pride ourselves on helping our clients get the benefits they have earned, paid for, and deserve.
For a FREE consultation with a disability lawyer experienced in helping clients in the Hickory area, call us at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below.
You will pay no attorney fee unless you are awarded disability benefits. We require no advance money of any kind. We tell you up front what our attorney fees will be, and in most cases the fee is paid directly to us by the Social Security Administration out of your past-due benefits.
And remember, all Social Security Disability attorney fees must be approved by the Social Security Administration to guarantee that they are fair.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and see why clients are talking about Riddle & Brantley:
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.”
Justice for People with Disabilities in Hickory and Western North Carolina
Hickory is located primarily in Catawba County but extends into Burke and Caldwell Counties. With a population of over 40,000 residents, it is a center of commerce and home to one of the oldest furniture manufacturers in the US, Hickory White Furniture.
With I-40, US-70 and US-321 running through and around Hickory, the area is a gateway to Asheville, Boone and the beautiful mountains of North Carolina.
Riddle & Brantley has been fighting for justice for North Carolinians for decades, and we’ve served many clients in the Hickory area.
“We are committed to fighting for justice for residents of Hickory and all North Carolina.”
What can a Social Security Disability lawyer with experience in Hickory do for you?
A Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security disability law serving the Hickory area can improve your chances of being paid disability benefits by doing things like:
- Helping you file your application for Social Security Disability benefits.
- Reviewing your SSA file with you and helping explain what hundreds of pages of employment and medical records mean to your disability claim.
- Filing a Request for Reconsideration if you are denied at the first application level.
- Helping coordinate communications and correspondence with the SSA.
- Filing a Request for Hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) if your claim is denied.
- Collecting medical records from your doctors and other providers to support your disability claim.
- Seeking Residual Functional Capacity evaluation forms and supporting letters from doctors to strengthen your claim.
- Presenting your case to the ALJ and cross-examining witnesses at your hearing.
- Appealing your case to the federal courts if your judge improperly denies you benefits.
- And much more…
The process of applying for or appealing a denial can be frustrating. It can be complex, time-consuming and stressful.
You don’t have to do this alone.
A Riddle & Brantley disability lawyer with experience in Hickory can help you navigate the entire process from start to finish.
For a FREE consultation, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below. We will review your disability case and advise you on your legal options for pursuing benefits.
There are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your case and you receive the benefits you need and deserve.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s review your case today.
Has the Social Security Administration already denied your application for benefits?
Statistics show that most Social Security Disability applicants in the Hickory area and throughout North Carolina who apply on their own are turned down for benefits, sometimes more than once.
If this describes your situation, we may be able to help.
Call 1-800-525-7111 today or complete the fast and easy online form for a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Social Security Disability Specialist.
The disability law team at Riddle & Brantley has been helping clients in the Hickory area and throughout North Carolina for decades. We know the system and can help you navigate the claims and appeal process.
For a FREE consultation with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security disability law serving clients in Hickory, please call 1-800-525-7111.
You can also complete the fast and easy online form.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and our professionals will talk with you about your case. You may be entitled to disability benefits and we may be able to help you get them.
How Do I Qualify for Social Security Disability?
Among other considerations, the SSA uses what it calls a “Five-Step Sequential Analysis” as the method for determining whether an applicant is eligible for benefits.
The analysis goes like this:
- Are you working? In order to qualify for disability benefits from the SSA, you cannot earn more than about $1,200 per month. It doesn’t matter how sick or injured you are — if you are still working and earning more than that per month, you are, by the SSA’s definition, not disabled.
- How severe is your condition? The SSA will want to evaluate the extent to which your disability interferes with work-related activities.
- Is your disability on the “listings” of disabling conditions? The SSA maintains a list of conditions that automatically qualify an applicant for disability benefits, provide they meet other criteria. You can view this list — often called the “Blue Book” — on the SSA website.
- Can you do the same work you’re accustomed to? You may qualify for Social Security disability benefits if your condition prevents you from doing the same type of work that you have done for many years, and you also meet additional criteria.
- Can you do any other type of work? The SSA will seek to determine whether your disability prevents you from doing other suitable work with your remaining abilities (the SSA refers to this remaining ability as your “residual functional capacity”).
The process of applying for disability benefits (or appealing a denial) can be complex.
Call 1-800-525-7111 for a free case review with a Board-Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability Law at Riddle & Brantley.
We have experience serving clients in Hickory and throughout North Carolina and would love to help if we can.
Remember: there is absolutely no shame in seeking disability benefits; you paid into the system while you worked, and you deserve the benefits if you’re unable to work due to disability.
We are here to help you collect the benefits you have earned and paid for.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and simple form below for a FREE, 100% confidential and no-obligation consultation.
There are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we successfully obtain disability benefits for you.
Justice Counts for North Carolinians with disabilities and Riddle & Brantley is ready to help however we can.