Kinston Work Injury Lawyer
Have you been injured while on the job in the Kinston area or greater North Carolina? You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, and a Kinston work injury lawyer at Riddle & Brantley may be able to help.
For more than three decades, our work injury lawyers have served North Carolinians injured while on the job — including many in the Kinston NC area. Our attorneys have nearly 200 years of combined legal experience and we are proud to fight for the rights of North Carolina workers.
For a FREE consultation with a Kinston work injury lawyer at Riddle & Brantley, please call 1-800-525-7111 or complete the fast and easy form below.
There is no obligation and there are no upfront costs or attorney fees unless we resolve your case and obtain workers’ comp benefits for you.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today for a free case review with a Kinston workers’ compensation lawyer.
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.”
-R. Colley, Riddle & Brantley client
Why Riddle & Brantley?
At Riddle & Brantley, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent client service, and we strive to treat those we serve like family.
Our workers’ compensation team is led by two Board-Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation law, Christopher Brantley and Adam Smith. Both attorneys have been recognized by the NC State Bar for their competence and experience handling work injury cases in North Carolina.
Attorney Brantley is a member of the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum, while attorney Smith is a member of Super Lawyers and has earned an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell (see disclaimer below).
Attorney and managing partner Gene Riddle, who also handles work injury cases for the firm, is a member of Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, Super Lawyers, and National Trial Lawyers Top 100. He is the recipient of the 2014 Litigator Award and maintains an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, as well (see disclaimer below).
We are serious about results, and are proud of the verdicts and settlements we’ve won on behalf of injured North Carolina workers, including:
- $2,475,000 | Worker’ Compensation / Severe Head Injury — When a welder fell from a platform and suffered serious, disabling injuries, he and his loved ones turned to Riddle & Brantley for seeking justice. Attorneys Gene Riddle, Christopher Brantley and Jonathan Smith represented the client, and after extensive mediations we secured $2.475 million in total compensation. We also established two trusts and obtained a guardianship to ensure our client’s long-term care.
- $685,000 | Workers’ Compensation / Multiple Injuries — Our client was severely injured while on the job when a load of lumber was dropped on him. He suffered injuries to his head, neck, arms, chest and shoulders and his medical expenses were extremely high. Attorney Gene Riddle secured a total settlement of $685,000 in two separate claims.
- $1,800,000 | Workers’ Compensation / Truck Accident — Our client was terribly injured after being hit-head by another truck while driving for work. He suffered extensive injuries, ultimately resulting in the amputation of his left leg below the knee. Attorney Gene Riddle took the case and negotiated settlements with two separate insurance carriers for total compensation of $1.8 million.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
For a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a Kinston work injury lawyer committed to justice, please call 1-800-525-7111.
Riddle & Brantley works on a contingency basis, which means there are no upfront costs and no attorney fees unless we win your case and get you the workers’ compensation benefits you need and deserve.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s review your case and see how we can help.
If for any reason we’re not able to help, we will do our best to connect you with a resource who can.
“I would recommend them to anyone. They fought hard for me.”
-Christine W., Riddle & Brantley client
“What can a Kinston work injury lawyer do for me?”
Pursuing a workers’ compensation claim can be complicated, time-consuming and stressful. The insurance companies often fight aggressively to deny your claim, or pay as little as possible for your injuries.
If you’ve been injured in a Kinston-area workplace accident, our workers’ compensation attorneys can handle all aspects of your case, so you can spend your time and energy on recovery and regaining your quality of life.
Our Kinston work injury attorneys can:
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident and collect important evidence
- Obtain medical records supporting your claim
- Help you file notice of your accident with the workers’ compensation insurance carrier and your employer
- Help you file the required forms with the North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC)
- Ensure that you meet all important deadlines and that your claim is not denied based on the Statute of Limitations
- Calculate damages and potential long-term medical costs
- Help you get important medical evidence in the form of a thorough medical evaluation by a qualified and unbiased treating physician
- Represent you in depositions conducted by defense counsel
- Conduct depositions of expert witnesses and other individuals important in supporting your case
- Negotiate with the insurance company and defense counsel
- File a lawsuit if necessary
- Argue your case before the North Carolina Industrial Commission
- Represent you in hearings and, if necessary, at trial
- Ensure that you receive your disability payments in the correct amount and on time
- Help make sure that you don’t accept a new position created by your employer simply to avoid paying workers’ compensation
- Advise you and ensure you don’t accept a low-ball offer by the insurance company
- And much, much more
Our Kinston workers’ comp lawyers are available for in-person consultation at our Kinston office by appointment only, and we can consult with you for free anytime by phone, email or text. We also have convenient offices in Goldsboro, Jacksonville, and across North Carolina.
Bilingual interpreter are on staff to help our Spanish-speaking clients, as well.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 to speak with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Kinston NC today.
“Riddle & Brantley found me all the available money from the insurance companies.”
-David Howard, Riddle & Brantley client
The consultation is free and there are no attorney fees unless we obtain workers’ compensation benefits for you.
Please call 1-800-525-7111 today for a FREE case review with a Board-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist.
We believe Justice Counts for injured North Carolina workers and we would love to help however we can.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, Super Lawyers, AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell, National Trial Lawyers Top 100, and the Litigator Award, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.