Kinston Car Accident Attorney
Car Accident Lawyer in Kinston, NC
Injured in a car accident in Kinston? Our experienced car accident lawyers have been serving clients in the area (and across North Carolian) since 1985. Led by attorney Gene Riddle, our auto accident attorneys have recovered more than $600 million in compensation for deserving clients since 2000 alone (see disclaimer below). We would love to help you and your family however we can.
Because we work on a contingency basis, there are no upfront costs and we don’t get paid unless you do. If you don’t recover compensation for your injuries and other damages, you won’t pay any attorney fees. It’s as simple as that. Please call (252) 397-8624 today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a car accident lawyer today. In-person consultations are available at our convenient Kinston office by appointment only, and we can consult with you from anywhere by phone, email, text, or video conference. If it’s more convenient for you, we can even come directly to you.
“It was nice to see Riddle & Brantley put me and my needs first.”
–R. Colley, Riddle & Brantley client
Any auto accident is a stressful experience, but a serious crash has the potential to change your life and your loved one’s lives forever. For those who have suffered severe or permanent injuries after a car accident, navigating North Carolina’s insurance laws and requirements can prove difficult. Insurance companies, too, will stop at almost nothing to deny liability and avoid paying claims.
The car accident lawyers at Riddle & Brantley have more than 220+ years of combined legal experience. We know the law in North Carolina and are experienced holding insurance companies and at-fault parties accountable. When an insurance company refuses to make a fair offer, we are ready and prepare to go to trial if necessary.
Award-Winning Kinston Car Accident Attorneys
Our Kinston legal team is led by Gene Riddle and Molly Schertzinger. Molly grew up in Kinston and the area is especially close to her heart. Gene, Molly, and other Riddle & Brantley car accident lawyers have been recognized for their experience and expertise by many prestigious membership organizations and awards (see disclaimer below), including:
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star” Designation
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle in Kinston, NC
In more than 35 years serving the people of Kinston and greater North Carolina, we’ve helped thousands of injured victims get the justice and compensation they deserve. We handle all types of car accident cases, including:
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Side-swipe accidents
- Lyft and Uber accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction zone accidents
We also handle other types of motor vehicle accidents, including truck accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, motorcycle accidents, bike accidents, moped accidents, school bus accidents, and more. If you’ve been injured in any of these types of accidents, please call (252) 397-8624 today for a free, no-obligation consultation.
In car accidents occurring while on the job, our workers’ comp attorneys can handle those claims, as well. We also have Social Security disability lawyers ready to help those suffering long-term disability apply and appeal for benefits. In the most tragic cases, a wrongful death lawyer at Riddle & Brantley can help surviving loved ones fight for justice.
Types of Damages for Your Auto Accident Injury Claim
When the negligent actions of another person cause a car accident, you could be entitled to a wide range of financial compensation. While there are many types of damages, they fall into one of two general categories: economic and non-economic damages.
So what’s the difference?
- Economic damages help you recoup the measurable financial losses caused by your accident.
- Non-economic damages cover subjective harm like pain and suffering or disfigurement.
Some of the types of damages that could be available to you include the following:
For many, the most significant expense related to a car accident is the cost of medical care. Even relatively minor injuries can result in high medical bills. When your personal injury lawsuit is successful, you could recover the cost of treatments like emergency room visits, surgeries, medical devices such as a walker or a wheelchair, prescription or over-the-counter drugs, transportation costs, and hiring home help.
Pain and suffering
It can be challenging to express how physical pain and suffering (or emotional pain and suffering) negatively impact your life. While these damages might be subjective, it is crucial to understand that they can still result in a monetary award. An experienced car accident attorney can help prove these damages, even winning compensation at trial if a lawsuit is necessary and the insurance company doesn’t make a fair settlement offer.
A serious injury can interfere with your ability to earn a living. You could miss out on weeks or even months of income while your recover. Thankfully, a personal injury lawsuit could help you recoup the wages you lost due to your accident. A monetary award could cover both your past and future lost wages.
Diminished future earnings
A car accident injury could impact your ability to earn a living — even after you have recovered. This is especially true in cases where a permanent disability has limited the type of job you can perform. It usually results in a reduction in the money you can make. A successful personal injury lawsuit can also recover compensation based on diminished future earnings.
You might be entitled to a monetary award based on your property damage losses. This usually involves damage to your motor vehicle, although you could also be entitled to compensation for property within your car, such as a laptop, a phone, or prescription glasses.
The value of your property damage claim can vary. It depends on whether or not your vehicle was a total loss. Typically, a successful lawsuit will help you recoup the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle.
Do you have a claim for damages?
The attorneys at Riddle & Brantley are ready to help with your car accident claim. We offer a free case review to all potential clients, and if you decide to hire us, there are no upfront costs and we don’t charge any attorney fees unless you receive compensation in your claim or lawsuit. Call 1-800-525-7111 today and let’s show you that at Riddle & Brantley, Justice Counts.
Car Accident Statistics in Kinston, NC
In 2020, there were 369 auto crashes reported within Kinston city limits, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT). Of those accidents, 320 resulted in injury. NCDOT estimates that 18% of all North Carolina car accidents in 2020 involved distracted driving, meaning that an estimated 66 accidents in Kinston in 2020 involved a distracted driver.
Unfortunately, many of these accidents could have been prevented if drivers were not engaged in distracted, impaired, or otherwise negligent driving. Regardless of how carefully we drive, every day, negligent drivers put others on the road at risk of serious injury or even death.
Our auto accident lawyers have been representing victims in these cases.
“What Should I Do After a Car Accident?”
If you have been involved in a car accident in which another party was at fault, it is important to protect your legal rights. Although in certain cases the party responsible may face criminal charges, it is up to the injured party to seek compensation for damages caused by the accident. With that in mind, here are some tips to follow after the car accident in order to protect your rights and start building a potential case for compensation:
- Call 911 — After a car accident, call 911 immediately to get police and medical responders on the scene.
- Seek Medical Attention — If you’ve been injured, seek immediate medical attention. Go to the hospital if necessary, and follow the recommendations of medical professionals. Keep in mind that some “delayed-onset” injuries may not become apparent until hours or even days after the accident, so diagnostic testing is important. Your medical records will also be an important part of any potential car accident injury claim.
- Get the Other Driver’s Info — Get contact and insurance information from the other driver, but do NOT apologize or admit fault. The circumstances may not be altogether clear immediately after the accident, and you don’t want to potentially jeopardize your claim.
- Get Witness Contact Info — Talk with witnesses and get their contact information. Their testimony may prove invaluable in determining fault and building a strong car accident injury case.
- Do NOT Give a Recorded Statement to the Insurance Company — The insurance company is not on your side after an accident; their goal is to pay as little as possible. While you can certainly get a claim started, do NOT give a recorded statement to an insurance company without first talking with an experienced car accident lawyer.
- Talk with Law Enforcement — Be open and honest with the responding law enforcement officer, but remember that anything you say can and will be used against you. Do NOT admit fault. The circumstances of the accident may still be unclear.
- Obtain the Accident Report — As soon as possible, get the official accident report. This can be obtained from the law enforcement agency that responded to the accident. Your attorney can also assist with obtaining the police report, which will likely play a key role in helping determine fault.
- Talk with a Car Accident Lawyer — Consult with an attorney as soon as possible. He or she can help protect your legal rights and evaluate your best available options for seeking compensation. Call (252) 397-8624 for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer today.
“Every time I’ve needed them, they were there for me.”
–Tyronnie T., Riddle & Brantley client
A Record of Success
One of the most important things you can do after an accident is to choose an attorney with a track record of success to be your advocate and represent your interests. At Riddle & Brantley, we’re proud of the results we’ve secured for our clients and we invite you to review our record of settlements and verdicts.
Since the founding of Riddle and Brantley in 1985, our car accident lawyers have represented victims of car accidents in Kinston, throughout Lenoir County, and all over North Carolina. We’ve recovered more than $600 million in settlements and judgments for our valued clients since 2000 alone (see disclaimer below), including:
- $3,600,000 for the surviving family of our client who tragically died of injuries sustained in a rear-end car accident.
- $475,000 for the victim of a head-on collision that resulted in a vehicle fire and severe injuries to multiple parties.
- $2,750,000 for our client who was severely injured by a tractor-trailer in a construction zone while driving on the job.
- $390,000 for a 74-year-old who was hit by a tractor-trailer that ran a red light, causing several rib fractures, lacerations, and requiring surgery.
- $250,000 for our client after the defendant failed to yield right of way and turned in front of the plaintiff causing their vehicle to collide with the defendant’s tractor-trailer.
A recent study showed that those who hire an attorney receive, on average, 3 times more compensation than those who represent themselves. Let us help you seek the compensation you deserve. Call (252) 397-8624 and let’s review your claim.
Talk with a Kinston Car Accident Lawyer for Free
At Riddle & Brantley, our team of award-winning car accident lawyers has achieved thousands of legal victories on the behalf of North Carolinians injured in auto accidents, and their loved ones (see disclaimer below).
We have won many million-dollar verdicts for victims of auto accidents in North Carolina (see disclaimer below). Our lawyers have over 220+ years of combined legal experience battling insurance companies and holding negligent drivers accountable for the harm they cause.
Call (252) 397-8624 today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with an experienced injury lawyer serving Kinston and greater North Carolina.
The testimonials of our clients speak for themselves.
“You’ll walk in the front door as a client but leave as family. They’re the absolute best.”
–Susan S., Riddle & Brantley client
We strive to treat every client like family and would love to help you and your loved ones however we can.
Please call (252) 397-8624 and let an experienced car accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley review your case today.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
*** Disclaimer: An attorney must meet certain requirements to join these organizations or receive these awards. For more information on Membership Criteria for Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel, AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the Litigator Award, and other memberships, awards, and accolades, please visit our Membership Criteria page. These awards and memberships should not be construed as a promise or guarantee of a similar result. Each case is different and must be evaluated separately.