Wilmington Rear-End Accident Lawyer
Rear-End Car Accident Attorney in Wilmington, NC
Have you been injured in a rear-end accident in Wilmington, North Carolina? The injury lawyers at Riddle & Brantley have been helping the people of Wilmington and all of North Carolina for over 35 years. Rear-end accidents are common in North Carolina and Wilmington is no exception. The Wilmington rear-end accident attorneys at Riddle & Brantley have been fighting on behalf of injured victims since 1985, and we’re ready to help however we can.
Our Wilmington rear-end accident lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for victims involved in rear-end collisions (see disclaimer below) so you can pay bills and receive the treatment you need in order to get back to the life you are accustomed to.
Please call (910) 889-4064 today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation. You won’t pay any attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
At Riddle & Brantley we are prepared to fight for the rights of rear-end car crash victims and work to navigate the process, so it is as painless and convenient for you as possible.
We offer free consultations from our convenient office in Wilmington by appointment only and can come to you directly or consult with you via phone, email, text, or video conference.
We even have bilingual interpreters on staff for the convenience of our Spanish-speaking clients.
“Why Hire a Wilmington Rear-End Accident Attorney?”
If a rear-end crash has caused you serious injury and financial loss, below are a few reasons to contact a Wilmington car accident lawyer at Riddle & Brantley:
- Injury — If you have been severely injured in a rear-end accident, please seek medical treatment first. An experienced attorney can handle your personal injury case so you can focus on what’s most important — your recovery.
- Medical Bills — Medical bills can be expensive after a rear-end collision. Hospital stays, lab tests, prescription drugs, surgical procedures, doctor’s appointments and physical therapy costs can add up quickly. If you are in an accident due to someone else’s negligence you should not have to worry about medical bills. A Wilmington NC rear-end accident lawyer can help you recover the money you deserve to pay your mounting medical bills.
- Lost Income — After a rear-end accident you might be unable to work for a while if you were injured. You may even have suffered permanently disabling injury. A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can help you recover the compensation you deserve and make up for lost income while you are healing.
- Damaged Personal Property — The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle can be expensive. We can help ensure you get appropriate compensation for your property losses, as well.
- Holding Negligent Drivers Accountable — A driver who causes a rear-end collision should be held accountable for his or her mistake. Hiring a personal injury attorney can help you hold a negligent driver liable, even in cases involving hit and run accidents in Wilmington.
Have you been injured in a rear-end collision? Our Wilmington, North Carolina rear-end accident lawyers can help you get the justice you deserve. Call us at (910) 889-4064 or fill out the short form below. Justice Counts for you and your loved ones.
How Do Rear-End Accidents Happen?
Rear-end accidents occur when the front of one vehicle directly collides with the rear of the vehicle in front of it. These accidents can range from minor to deadly, but most frequently cause injuries that can take months or years to fully heal, including whiplash, back injuries, and muscle pain.
Many times, rear-end accidents happen at stop lights and stop signs when one vehicle slows down or stops, but the following driver fails to brake in time to avoid a car crash. However, there are other causes of rear-end accidents including:
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Driving while conditions are not favorable
- Driving while tired
- Mechanical failure
- Reckless driving
How is Liability Determined in a Rear-End Accident?
In rear-end collisions in North Carolina, it is usually the driver of the vehicle who rear-ended the other car who is at fault. However, this is not always the case. In some cases, the driver in front may be responsible for the accident. For example, if the front driver made a sudden negligent maneuver in front of the back driver, he or she may be at fault for a Wilmington rear-end accident.
Determining who is at fault in a rear-end accident may be tricky. There are several factors that must be considered when determining liability in a rear-end collision. In some cases, insurance companies may attempt to blame both drivers for fault. It is important that you contact an experienced Wilmington rear end accident lawyer ASAP.
At Riddle & Brantley, we even have retired law enforcement officers on staff to help investigate your rear-end accident and begin building a strong case for compensation right away.
One of the most important factors to consider in determining fault in a rear-end collision in North Carolina is the principle of contributory negligence.
North Carolina is an “at-fault” state. This means that the person at fault for the auto accident will pay all damages for property and personal injury to the person he or she hit. However, it is important to note that North Carolina has a “pure” contributory negligence rule. Pure contributory negligence prohibits a plaintiff from recovering any damages from the defendant in an accident if the plaintiff’s negligence is found to have contributed to the accident – even if only 1%.
Because of this, it is especially important to hire a knowledgeable North Carolina attorney who can help you prove fault after a rear-end accident in Wilmington, NC.
We’re Ready to Help
If you have been injured in a rear-end collision in Wilmington, North Carolina, our experienced car accident lawyers can help. We will review your claim and advise you on your best legal options. We will work hard to prove fault in your rear-end collision and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Please call (910) 889-4064 today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation with a rear-end accident lawyer in Wilmington, NC.
“Every time I’ve needed them, they were there for me.”
–Tyronnie T., Riddle & Brantley client
Results for Rear-End Accident Victims
In one recent case, Riddle & Brantley’s Wilmington rear-end accident lawyers recovered $3.6 million in compensation for surviving relatives of our client, who was tragically killed in a rear-end accident involving a truck in a construction zone (see disclaimer below).
In another, we secured $101,000 for the victim of a rear-end accident, who suffered serious injuries to his head, neck, back, chest, and legs (see disclaimer below). We filed a lawsuit and successfully negotiated a settlement prior to trial.
Call (910) 889-4064 or fill out the short form below. There is never an upfront fee, and we don’t get paid unless we recover compensation for you. Call us today. We are here to help.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.