Mooresville Work Injury Lawyer
Regardless of your occupation, work injuries happen. If you’ve been injured while on the job in Mooresville, you may be looking for a Mooresville work injury lawyer.
A Riddle & Brantley work injury lawyer with experience in Mooresville may be able to help.
For a FREE consultation with a Bar-Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist with Riddle & Brantley, please call 1-800-525-7111. Riddle and Brantley has two State Bar Certified Specialists in Workers Compensation law.
You can also fill out the short and easy online form if you prefer. We regularly respond to calls and emails after hours and on weekends and even have bi-lingual translators available for our Spanish-speaking clients.
Call 1-800-525-7111 for a free case review and consultation.
We will review your case and advise you on your legal options. Because we work on a contingency basis, there is no upfront cost and no attorney fees unless we win your case and recover financial compensation for you.
“We’ve been fighting for injured workers in North Carolina for more than three decades and we’re proud to represent victims in Mooresville and greater Charlotte.” -Gene Riddle
How Does Workers’ Compensation Work in North Carolina?
If you are injured while working, you may need to file a workers’ compensation claim. Workers’ compensation is insurance coverage that should get you some level of compensation, should you be hurt on the job and file a claim.
In North Carolina, employers with three or more regular employees are required to have workers’ comp insurance.
This means that in most cases you can’t sue your employer or coworkers for your on-the-job-injury. However, workers’ compensation means that you’re still likely to be compensated for being hurt at work.
However, it doesn’t always work this way. Employers or insurance companies frequently try to deny or minimize benefits paid out to employees hurt on the job.
Why Hire a Work Injury Lawyer with Experience in Mooresville?
Recovering workers’ compensation benefits may be frustrating as well as time-consuming.
The process can be complicated and time-consuming, and sometimes hundreds or thousands of documents need to be reviewed.
Cases sometimes must be argued in front of the North Carolina Industrial Commission (NCIC), and negotiations with insurance companies can be tedious.
This is the reason you need a knowledgeable, experienced work injury lawyer on your side.
The attorneys at Riddle & Brantley have experience helping clients in Mooresville and greater Charlotte and can help you every step of the way.
Our goal is to make the entire process as seamless and stress-free as possible so you can get back to the life you are accustomed to living.
If you’ve been injured on the job, please call our work injury attorneys at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the form below for a free consultation.
Many of our attorneys have close personal connections to the Charlotte area and we are proud to serve injured workers in Mooresville.
Justice for Injured Workers in Mooresville
Mooresville, North Carolina is in the southern part of Iredell County, North Carolina. It is part of the fast-growing Charlotte metro area. The population is over 36,000 people, making it the largest municipality in Iredell County.
The suburban community is home to many NASCAR racing teams and drivers and Mooresville has been named “Race City USA.”
With a growing population, booming industry and busy interstates, work injuries are unfortunately common in Mooresville.
For a FREE consultation with a workers’ compensation attorney at Riddle & Brantley, please call 1-800-525-7111.
The consultation is free, there is no obligation, and you won’t pay a dime in attorney fees unless we win your case.
What Exactly Does a Worker’s Compensation Lawyer Do?
The work injury attorneys at Riddle & Brantley help working people who are injured on the job and have been denied their workers’ compensation claims.
We will use our knowledge and expertise to help you through the difficult process of trying to recover the money you may be owed. We have experience helping clients in Mooresville and throughout North Carolina and would love to help if we can.
Our attorneys handle work injury claims involving but not limited to:
- Construction accidents
- Hearing loss or damage
- Muscular injuries, broken bones, torn ligaments, torn rotator cuffs, herniated disks from lifting or pushing, or other actions
- Cold/heat stress or burn injuries from accidents
- Head injuries such as concussions or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) from falls or falling objects
- Sickness from exposure to toxins, including occupational diseases like mesothelioma or Black Lung
- Tendonitis and other repetitive motion injuries
- Injuries to the back, spinal cord, shoulder, eyes, neck, knees, hip, ankles, wrists, feet, hands and respiratory organs
- Third-party claims: Workers’ compensation is usually no-fault. However, employers hurt on- the- job by machinery or products could sue the manufacturer of these items to obtain compensation (in addition to filing a workers’ compensation claim).
Any of these injuries may be due to unavoidable accidents, dangerous working environments, faulty machinery or inadequate training.
Employees are not required to prove the reason for their injury and how it happened. Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. It compensates injured workers without regard to fault or negligence.
Riddle & Brantley’s work injury lawyers represent injured workers in Mooresville and all of North Carolina. Our attorneys are passionate about helping people and it shows.
We invite you to review our record of settlements and judgments, including:
- $2,475,000 | Workers’ Compensation — Attorneys Gene Riddle, Christopher Brantley and Jonathan Smith tirelessly fought for justice for an undocumented immigrant who suffered a disabling head injury in a fall from a platform while on the job as a welder. Our bilingual translators assisted our Spanish-speaking client. After extensive investigation and negotiations with the workers’ compensation carrier, a settlement of $2,475,000 was secured.
- $829,000 | Workers’ Compensation — Riddle & Brantley represented our client who was struck in the head by a falling tree limb while on the job scouting locations for cell towers. He suffered extensive injuries including semi-paralysis of his left side. A life plan was prepared and used to assist in negotiating a total settlement of $829,000.
- $786,000 | Workers’ Compensation — Our client was working in law enforcement when he suffered a disabling spinal cord injury. After receiving compensation for medical expenses for 14 years, he turned to Riddle & Brantley attorney Gene Riddle, who negotiated a total settlement of $786,000, including a provision for Medicare Set Aside, to protect future benefits under Medicare.
*** Disclaimer: The results mentioned are intended to illustrate the type of cases handled by the firm. These results do not guarantee a similar outcome, and they should not be construed to constitute a promise or guarantee of a particular result in any particular case. Every case is different, and the outcome of any case depends upon a variety of factors unique to that case.
The insurance companies have lawyers working for them and so should you. Riddle & Brantley law firm can level the playing field by working hard for you. We want to build your trust by delivering results.
Contact Riddle & Brantley for a free consultation. There is never a legal fee unless you are compensated. Our number is 1-800-525-7111.
If you are injured on the job you may be entitled to benefits as well as a portion of your wages. This is true even if you are at fault, according to North Carolina workers’ compensation rules.
Your employer and the insurance company may not be on your side when you are injured while working. Let one of Riddle & Brantley’s workers’ compensation lawyers with experience in Mooresville protect your interests.
What Should You Do Following A Work Injury?
- Get medical treatment for your injuries immediately
- Notify your employer
- Write down any witness names and their phone numbers
- Do not give a statement to your employer
- Do not give a statement to your insurance company before speaking to an attorney
- Do not stay home from work unless you have a note from your doctor
- Do not quit your job
- Contact a work injury lawyer with experience in Mooresville and greater Charlotte
We know things can be tough.
If you are not able to come to us and would like to talk to one of our lawyers, we will be happy to come to you. We are glad to talk with you and evaluate your case.
Please give us a call at 1-800-525-7111 or complete the short form below for a FREE consultation.
Riddle & Brantley is dedicated to helping injured workers in Mooresville and surrounding North Carolina.
Justice Counts for injured workers in North Carolina and we’re committed to fighting for you if you have a claim and decide to hire us to represent you.
We build trust by delivering results for our clients.
Call 1-800-525-7111 and let’s see if we can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.